1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1934 Political Cartoon

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by tad houston, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

Chicago Tribune Cartoon 1934... Look at this cartoon from 1934 and look especially carefully at the plan of action. Remember the adage, "Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it." Looks like we could be in for difficult times. Could have been drawn yesterday! You just can't reinvent the wheel!!!!

2. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Very well done!!

Because of FDR's efforts, he managed to turn a two-year depression into a twelve-year depression. Let's hear it for the "New Deal".

Best,
    Dennis

3. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Good one trapdady. We didn't learn from the FDR era. Won't bring prosperity and jobs if we continue down this path. BT-100dc

4. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

That's what they say "history has a way of repeating itself." I see Obama no different than other dictators who tried to fool the people into thinking he was for them. Yup! he's a real piece of work he is.

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Obama seems uninterested in history.

For instance, does he care why the Cuban embargo was maintained for decades, through many Presidents including Jimmy Carter and two terms of Bill Clinton?

Obama seems not the least interested.

Like a teenager for whom history begins at the time of his birth, Obama seems completely unconcerned with anything that happened in history prior to his own inauguration.

After his excursion to exchange palm-sweat with Hugo Chavez, I wonder: just how is the media going to keep his ignorance under wraps for 8 more years? I mean, I know Americans are mostly stupid...but eventually, it's going to be right there on their TeeVee sets, plain as day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.