1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1926 Winchester Model 12 Nickel steel

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by traedawg, Feb 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. traedawg

traedawg TS Member

0   0   0

I have a 1926 Winchester Model 12 that has a 30" Nickel Steel Solid Rib barrel. The Barrel, The Action, the Reciever are all Brown in color instead of bluish black like most guns. It is perfect color all the way from the tip of the barrel to the trigger. Was this a factory option in 1926 or did someone just screw up on the Nickel Steel Barrel Bluing. Looking to use as a parcial trade on a BT-99 at a local gun shop. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

2. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

0   0   0

I have never seen or heard of a factory Browned Mod 12, but who knows?????

In those days they would give you just about whatever you wanted.

I suspect a Muzzle loader person did it or had it done.

Look for signs of buffing on the flats of the receiver. Corners should be crisp with no rounding.

Regards....Gerald

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

1926 winchester model 12

nickel steel in model 12 winchester
winchester model 12 nickel steel