1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1926 Model 12 Trap

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by lakecrisco, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakecrisco

lakecrisco TS Member

0   0   0

1926 Model 12 milled rib trap, nickel steel. Gun is all original. Gun has nice figure in the stock. Overall, this gun isn't too darn bad for a 1926. Some blue spotting on the reciever but I have seen way worse for this era M12. A dandy and tight old gun. If you like old model 12s that haven been fooled with, this one is worth looking at. $1695 shipped to your FFL.

2. lakecrisco

lakecrisco TS Member

0   0   0

another

3. lakecrisco

lakecrisco TS Member

0   0   0

another

4. lakecrisco

lakecrisco TS Member

0   0   0

another

5. lakecrisco

lakecrisco TS Member

0   0   0

another

6. lakecrisco

lakecrisco TS Member

0   0   0

Last one.....e-mail me is you want a particular pic.

7. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

0   0   0

Very nice old gun, and, darn nice porch it looks like.

Rod

8. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

That is one beautiful unmolested Model 12 Trap. I guess you are expecting some questions at that price level. Question number one would be "Wouldn't a Trap Grade Model 12 from 1926 have a Black Diamond stock?" A reasonable effort to answer that question may be to remove (I am cringing) the recoil pad to see if the wood underneath is factory stamped "TRAP" or maybe "TOUR" which would be more likely for a stock with no black diamonds. The stock appears very original and I am guessing you will find one or the other of these stamps under the recoil pad unless the stock has been cut. If you find the "TOUR" for Tournament Grade stamp, the gun is for all practical purposes, a 100% original gun that should be of interest to collectors.

9. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Beautiful Model 12. I love old Winchesters!

10. lakecrisco

lakecrisco TS Member

0   0   0

This gun is a standard trap. You could get standard trap, tournament trap, pigeon grade, and/or the black diamond wood option in 1926. I have seen all original pigeon grade guns with black diamond wood on them....factory. If you get a chance, check out Dave Riffle's book on the M12 or George Madis. I am going to call Dave on what I have told you but I am 99% sure it is accurate....about the options in 1926.

11. dunerboy

dunerboy TS Member

0   0   0

you could not get that forearm in 1926, that style was introduced in the thirties. trap was a grade which included black diamonds. there was no standard trap grade in the twenties. tournament was the lowest grade. craig

12. lakecrisco

lakecrisco TS Member

0   0   0

You may be correct about the forend according to a conversation I just had on the phone with Dave Riffle. The gun should 'probably' have the extended forend. However, you are incorrect about the rest of your post. You could get a standard grade trap in 1926 and black diamond grade was an option just as tournament and pigeon grade. I can tell you this, if the forend is not correct, it has been on the gun since the beginning of time. I am not going to argue on this post. I'll just consult the authority.

13. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

0   0   0

That is one beautiful gun. My Dad bought a 1926 field grade Model 12 with a solid matted rib right after WWII. He got it from a police auction so I always wondered about its sordid past history. Dad gave that Model 12 to me when I was 15 and he bought a brand new Model 50. I fixed up the Model 12 with a Simmons ventilated rib and custom hand carved Trap wood. I sold it a few years ago to a collector but I still have the Model 50 and it is not for sale.

14. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Hi:

I have a 1925 Black Diamond Trap. It is my favorite trap gun.

Better balance and pointing than any single barrel that I have, including K80 and KS5, which are no slouches.

At your asking price is right on, if not low. Whoever buys it will fall in love all over again.

Regards, and good shooting,

Dave

15. dunerboy

dunerboy TS Member

0   0   0

one way to tell for sure is to take the stock off and look at the tang if there is a number stamped on the tang and no number impressed in the end of the pistol grip that matches the number on the tang then the wood does not go with the gun. all guns with trap under the serial number had wood matched to the gun this way

16. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

0   0   0

When did the 12 gauge shell go to 2 and 3/4,from 2 and 1/2.

17. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

0   0   0

The 12 ga was always 2 3/4. Just the 16 and 20s had the short chambers but I don't have my book in front of me to see the years for them.

Steve

18. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The poster who said there is a "Standard Trap" grade is correct. However, the standard trap is stamped "STANDARD TRAP" on the extension, vertically. As I understand, the guns stamped "TRAP" on the receiver are real Trap Grades with black diamond wood. I personally have never seen an original gun stamped "TRAP" on the receiver that did not have black diamond wood. The gun in question looks original and I was only trying to get the seller to remove the recoil pad to look for the "TOUR" stamp to see what the real deal is. Maybe it is stamped "TRAP" on the wood. I think the forearm as pictured was probably available in 1926. I know the extra long extended forearm was seen on early Traps, but the standard extension forearm was probably available too.

19. Tom@eel

Tom@eel Member

0   0   0

I have 2 1927 TRAP models. One long, one short as shown. Riffle shows both, although the short forarms have Type "B" carving, I think you could get anything you wanted.

20. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

0   0   0

12 gauge shells have not always been 2 3/4,my model 1911 winchester has a 2 1/2 chamber.What I am asking is when did it change,because I have seen 12's with a 2 1/2 inch chamber.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.