1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1916 Ithaca Flues Gun For Sale (Re-listed)

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by mspencer2, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mspencer2

mspencer2 TS Member

0   0   0

I am re-listing this gun since my buyer backed out. I will try to list more detail on the forum this time.

Ithaca Flues Gun
    Serial No. 272533
    Made in 1916
    Ebony inlay in forend tip
    Ivory sights
    Gold or Bronz inlay in stock
    Grade 5E
    Leather case

This is my dad's gun. He's had it for probably 15 years and I think we've put 10 or 15 rounds through it. I can't tell you where it came from. It has definitely been shot but it is in pretty good shape for a 93 year old gun. It has a 34" barrel. The action is extremely tight for a gun of its age. It has a small crack where the stock meets the action towards the bottom of the right hand side. I tried to show that in picture 16 but it didn't take very well. It also has a "X" shaped scratch at the rear of the barrel which is poorly shown in picture 17. We think this is the original case for it but maybe its just one that fits the gun well. The case has the separate compartments for the barrel and stock when the gun is broke down. In picture 11 you can see some small tack holes where someone had what I assume to be a cheek piece attached for shooting trap. There are little holes on both sides of the top of the stock. My brother was going to shoot it in his trap league so a gunsmith put an after market recoil pad on it and even though he didn't end up shooting it much in the league, we just left the pad on. The bluing looks really good, so I am not sure if it has been re-blued or not. I know this is probably a major deal to you guys but I just don't know enough to say if it has or not. If it has been I would say they did a pretty good job on it.

If you have more questions, please ask. I can tell you I will be totally honest with you to the best of my ability with this gun. We will give the standard 3 day inspection period with the sale.

The trigger pull is around 13.75"

The drop at the comb is 1.5" and the drop at the heel is 1.75"

The pitch is about 3.5"

There is some case coloring on the frame but it is pretty faint. I'm not sure what it looked like 90 years ago, but to me it is pretty faint, I can definitely tell it has case-coloring though.

Email me at mspencer2@hotmail.com for the pics to match up with the numbers in the description. We are asking $2200/OBO with the case.

Thanks

Mark

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

0   0   0

There are sixteen 35k size pics in the album.

http://picasaweb.google.com/sx4045/Ithaca5e#

e-Mail Mark for larger versions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. mspencer2

mspencer2 TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks for posting the pics Bob!

Thread Status: