1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*** 1911 Shooting Medal ????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by zoom, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoom

zoom TS Member

I see that enough money was raised to pay for the "gold 1911 trap shooting medal". I have not been contacted about sending my domation I offered. I was sent an email saying they excepted the domation but no further contact. Has anyone been contacted ?

Bill C

2. zoom

zoom TS Member

......>>>

3. zinger

zinger Member

Bill, Devi will contact everyone to let them know where to send the donation. She told me that the HOF was setting up a special account just for this purpose. Hang tight, she'll be in touch

4. zoom

zoom TS Member

Thank you...I'll be here.

5. KennyRay

KennyRay Active Member

The Trapshooting Hall of Fame was asked to assist with authenticating the 1911 medal and has worked daily on details for insuring that it is original before payment is made. This policy is to protect donors as well as our Hall of Fame.

Arrangements have been made for the Dixon medal to be inspected next week and we believe it will be certified as original. At that time donors will be asked to make their pledged donations to the Trapshooting Hall of Fame, Inc. to cover the cost of acquiring this medal. Every contributor will receive recognition for their donation.

We are gratified at the response from the shooting community in preserving a piece of our sport's history. We are truly appreciative for your generosity and optimistic that we will be proudly displaying this exceptional 1911 medal for all to see. To those who pledged to make this happen, please take pride in knowing that you have done a marvelous deed and there are many of us who are extremely appreciative.

Kindest regards,

Kenny Ray Estes
    Interim Museum Director
    Trapshooting Hall of Fame

6. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

KennyRay:

I was going to donate before the deadline was over but saw the amount was raised a couple of days before that but i emailed Devi and told her that I was going to send a donation anyway and said im sure if there is extra left over then the hall of fame could use it for other things well what im sending wouldn't pay for a whole lot but I guess every little bit helps.

So I will be looking for the info in the near future

foggy

7. zoom

zoom TS Member

Kenny Ray....Thanks for the up-date. I'll wait to hear form Devi or the HOF

All the best
    Bill C.

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Hi, Everyone! Happy Friday.

As soon as the account for collecting the funds is set up, I will email all of you who donated and let you know how to make out the check and where to send it. I am sending a list of the donors (with the respective amounts pledged) to Kenny Ray, so he will have a copy as well.

Each of you will get an email from me with directions on how to proceed, and I will also post it on here.

Things are progressing very well, and every person is holding up his/her end of the bargain. Thank you all.

9. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Kenny Ray

If money going to Hall of Fame. Post address and we will send donations.
    Looks like a done deal.

Joe Woods/Ontario

10. mearss1

mearss1 TS Member

Kenny Ray - Thanks for your contribution in helping to make this happen. I can hardly wait to see this and the exhibition that will accompany it. Its great what a like-minded community can accomplish!

Steve 'Skip' Mears

11. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Finally, something useful on here lol. Way to go guys and gals. John

12. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Met with Kenny Ray at the Delaware State Shoot. He says everything is going really well, and he expects to have the account set up really soon, so that we can start sending in our pledges.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.