1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1911 Grand American Medal Pictures

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jmcginnis, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jmcginnis

Jmcginnis TS Member

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x246/jmcginnis-390/GrandAmercianMedalFront.jpg

2. Jmcginnis

Jmcginnis TS Member

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x246/jmcginnis-390/GrandAmericanMedalFront2.jpg

3. Jmcginnis

Jmcginnis TS Member

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x246/jmcginnis-390/GrandAmericanMedalBack.jpg

4. Jmcginnis

Jmcginnis TS Member

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x246/jmcginnis-390/GrandAmericanMedalBack2.jpg

5. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

Beautiful piece of trapshooting history you have there Jason. Obviously it's yours to do what you will with it....and I would never pass judgement on anothers actions.....everyones different..... but personally, I'd donate it to the HOF with no regrets :)

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

6. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Dave :

i agree it is a beautiful piece and im sure some would like to donate it to the trapshooting Hall of fame but Jason might not be a die hard every day trap shooter like a lot of us that has been doing it for years.

If I was to have a medal for the 1900 Skeet championships and had money invested in it then myself I wouldn't want to give it away unless I was in the shape that I could but since I am no skeet shooter then I would rather sell it to who would want it more than me.

But if I did have something myself trap related and could afford to give it to the Hall of Fame then i would but I figured maybe Jason might think as I do a little also.

Foghorn

7. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

Very well said Foggy.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

8. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

Well, sure, that LOOKS like a picture of the medal, but I'm not believing it until Gargoyle the Idiot Prince of Trapshooting authenticates it.

Beautiful piece of history, Jason. I hope you find a buyer here.

9. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

you can call the ata hall of fame office to see if this award is orginal and if it in fact was awarded to the person. if so have it appraised, donate it to the HOF . You get a tax write off, entry into Hof if accepted. Example, the one of a kind Howard watch i bought for $800.00. and had watch appraised at a cost of over $150.00 The appraisal came in at $3600 to $3800 from three different jewlers from three states. I donated the trophy watch to the HOF and asked for a life membership in return. I never got answer.It was a one of a kind trophy and only one trophy like this was ever donated by the community of vandalia for the winner of the grand american handicap.

10. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I don't believe that he said it was up for sale.

Thanks for sharing with the rest of us. That is really COOL!

Maybe Dave will buy it from you and donate it to the HOA. :)

11. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

recurvyarcher:

Yeah the medal is for sale Jason just made a new thread to show the photo's since everyone was having kiniption fits over where's the pictures.

Click the link above for his first thread but here is his opening post about the medal from the old thread.

Subject: 1911 GrandAmerican Handicap Champion Medal
    Email: ja_mcginnis@hotmail.com
    Date: Tue, May 01, 2007 - 07:34 PM CT
    Website Address:

I have acquired the 1911 Grand American Handicap Champion Medal won by Mr. Harvey Dixon. This was the 12 Annual American Handicap event held in Columbus, OH on June 20-23, 1911. The Interstate Association presented this Champion Medal to Mr. Harvey Dixon after shooting a 99 from the 20 yard line.

I have pictures (front & back) and actual paper work from the event showing all the scores and prize money. This medal is solid gold and has all the engraving on the back. It's in very good shape.

I am willing to let go of this piece at the right price in a bidding format to people who understand and respect this sport.

Please contact me directly if you are interested and I will send you pictures and paperwork from the event.

Regards Jason McGinnis ja_mcginnis@hotmail.com

12. recurvyarcher

Thanks, Foggy. I posted to the other thread.

13. PNT

PNT Member

ATA hall of fame news on the medal.

14. smsnyder

it looks like the real deal. nice job PNT

15. smsnyder

it will be interesting to see who buys it? keep me posted

16. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

Curvy,

If I was in a position to obtain the medal I'd gladly do so to see it in the HOF...... but househunting takes financial priority at the moment. It's a true piece of trapshooting history that should be preserved and displayed....hope someone can make it happen.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

17. recurvyarcher

Dave, and everyone else...

Jason has given me two weeks to come up with the money to buy this and put it in the HOF. I need everyone that is interested to send me an email with your pledge (do not send money or credit card information at this time). Whatever you can afford would be one step closer to obtaining it, no matter how much or how little you can give.

I will talk with our friends that have the capability to accept credit card transaction, somebody we can all know and trust (like Whiz White?), and see if we can coordinate with that person to accept the donations for us (I cannot collect the money, as I do not have a business that accepts credit card transactions).

Please email me with your pledge.

18. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Singleshot, I would have to say your dates gave you that name. Didn't they?

Hairy, Its a nice metal but I would for the price being asked would have to have some proof of authenticity.

19. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

Recurvy you have mail

20. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

After reading the web site that PNT put up I would have to say its the real thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.