1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1911 gold trophy status....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bcnu, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Where are we on the gold 1911 Grand trophy status? I read something on here recently that said emails would be going out with the directions on where to send the pledges. Just waiting for an address. Take care, John

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Everyone can start sending their pledged donations to the Trapshooting Hall of Fame, Inc. Please make sure to include a note stating that the check is for the "Dixon medal" or the 1911 GAH medal so we can keep them separate from other donations (and write that on your check on the note line at the lower left of your check as well).

We could use every penny that you pledged plus a little more, as it seems after a recount that I miscalculated by a little. I am willing to make up the difference, although I STILL owe smsnyder his lifetime ATA membership, and that also comes out of my personal funds (and that is AFTER I have already donated $100, too). So help me out of my faulty addition, if you can.

Thanks,

Devi

3. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Alright, I will go and get the mailing address off of shootata.com and send mine on in. Why do you owe smsnyder a membership? Never mind, not my business. Sounds like someones idea that starts with a g.

Thanks and take care, John

4. recurvyarcher

WE don't have to buy smsnyder a life membership...IT IS COMING OUT OF MY OWN POCKET. That is in addition to the $100 that I donated toward the medal, PLUS any difference because of the mistake in calculations. If you add all that up, my own layout is $1000.

Zara, so if you do the math, you will know how much I was short. But I will do whatever is necessary. If you could help, I would greatly appreciate it, though.

Please, everyone...send in your donations. The HOF has the list of your names and amounts pledged, and we will be able to keep track of donations that come in against those that are owed.

The HOF address is:

Trapshooting Hall of Fame
    601 W. National Road
    Vandalia, Ohio 45377

5. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

recurvyarcher. I will be at the pa. state shoot next wed to sunday. Just look for my shooting vest with the big green Library Sportsmen club patch on the front and U.S. Auto Mart name on the back of the vest. i am the good looking one with a little hair. lol I am at the practice traps everyday and i drive a blue Subaru Baja.

6. smsnyder

all money sent to hof is tax deductable. i am sure the hof will put each persons name on a certificate who donated money to get this wonderful trophy. something you can tell your childern. i don'e believe this was ever done before.

7. zoom

zoom TS Member

I just called the ATA today and asked where to send my donation. The lady didn't know much about the 1911 trophy. I left several voice mails on the ATA "HOF" phone number but nothing back yet. I spoke to Kenny Ray at the the Nothern Zone a few weeks back about this. Kenny Ray told me that the ATA "HOF" has a list of all who donated and would be contacting the donors by e-mail if a reacll right. I have not been contacted yet. I also believe Kenny Ray stated that the ATA "HOF" would track the donation by check or special credit card set-up so all funds could be tracked and the doners would be sent a letter of thanks from the ATA "HOF".
    I'm waiting to send my domation but don't have a clue where to send it.Does anyone have any offical information on this ?
    Bill C.

8. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I am doing just as Devi has requested and am sending it to Trapshooting Hall of Fame 601 West National Road Vandailia Ohio 45377 and earmarking the check with 1911 Dixon Grand medal. John

9. zoom

zoom TS Member

10. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Yeah, me too.....

12. smsnyder

thanks everyone, even $50.00 will help. you will probably never gets this opportunity again. recurvyarcher, did you get info i sent?

13. recurvyarcher

All, I am in Kansas right now and am unable to access the saved emails from your donations. The above instructions ARE OFFICIAL. I won't be able to send those emails until I return, and then I will also be swamped at work. It would really make things easier if you would follow the above instructions, copied almost word-for-word from an email sent to me by Kenny Ray himself.

I will call Kenny and ask him why his secretary is not aware of the procedure. But please send your donations in regardless. You are not sending them to me, but to the HOF, so I don't see why anyone would have a problem. ALL donations go straight to the HOF.

Please write on the check that the donation is toward the 1911 medal.

Thanks.

SMSNYDER, we'll see you next weekend.

14. KennyRay

KennyRay Active Member

Dear Donors:

I've been on the sidelines and behind the scenes so not to seem like I was taking charge, mostly because you've all been doing a great job of raising funds without my help. I did take part in several discussions with the seller to resolve issues that came up regarding payment and the tranfer of ownership. I have also stayed in contact with Devi since early on.

I am thrilled to report that the deal was finalized and the "1911 Harvey Dixon Medal" is being held in trust for the Trapshooting Hall of Fame Museum.

Just so everyone knows, I have kept our operations manager, Tami Daniel, aware of our progress from the beginning. She is in the office every weekday from 9am - 3 pm and is capable of providing informatin regarding the medal and donations. Though we are in the same building, the Trapshooting Hall of Fame is a separate entity from the ATA. So, if you called the ATA, it would be unlikely that they would know what your were talking about. Tami can be reached at the ATA number 937-898-4638 but at Ext. 528.

At this time, your donation can be sent to the Trapshooting Hall of Fame, Inc., 601 West National Road, Vandalia, Ohio 45377. Remember to state on your check or other form of payment that your donation is for the 1911 GAH medal or the 1911 Dixon medal.

You will be provided with a thank you letter for your tax-deductible donation and we're working on some sort of "special recognition" to show our appreciation.

So everyone is aware, as Devi stated, we may fall a little short of our goal as some pledges failed to state a donation amount and some did not identify the donor except for their email address. Should this happen, every donor will be advised of the amount of the shortfall and those in a position to help may choose to do so. Any donations collected in excess of the purchase price will be used to procure a suitable display case for the medal. Should there still be any remaining funds, they will be placed in an acquisition account overseen by the Trapshotigng Hall of Fame to be used solely for assisting in future accessions for the museum.

It is the intent of the Trapshooting Hall of Fame to display the medal on our website www.traphof.org and at this year's Grand American for all to see.

Thank you for supporting this worthy cause and on behalf of the Trustees of the Trapshooting Hall of Fame may I offer our congratulations on a "job well done" to a fine group who proved how much they appreciate our sport's history. We remain extremely grateful to you all.

If you have any questions or wish to express a view regarding the medal or any subject relating to our Museum, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Kindest regards,

Kenny Ray Estes
    Interim Museum Director
    Trapshooting Hall of Fame

6 Christian Drive
    Pittsgrove, NJ 08318
    856-358-2947
    TRAP200@aol.com

15. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I doubled mine up and it is in the wind on it's way now. Take care, John

16. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

Thanks for the "official info" Kenny Ray.....my donation will be mailed out this coming week.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

17. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

Devi,
    I will also double my pledge. With all your work, we don't want you left holding to big a bag on this. Will put in mail Monday 6/11/07.
    Sonny Daniels

18. smsnyder

19. smsnyder

recurvyarcher, do you want me to send my pledge in or give it to you at the state shoot? earl

20. recurvyarcher

Earl, please send it in to the HOF. That is the only way that you will get your tax deduction, which is why it is set up this way.

Thank you all for your dedication to this effort. Team work is alive and well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.