1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1911 .22's

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Doug Brown, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

1911 .22

Does anyone have any experience with the new 1911 .22's ? Do they shoot really good? I'm referring to Colt Gold Cup, Browning, Sig, not the real cheapies.
    Thanks

2. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

I have read reviews on the new Browning, and other than the price may be a little high and no adjustable sights, everything said was pretty much favorable.

I looked at one in a gun store a few weeks ago, and it seems to be well made and feels really good. I believe it is about 80% of full size.

I am still thinking of getting one for my wife. She really loved it.

Jim

3. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

I just bought a full size Sig 911 22. Great gun with adjustable sights. Look at reviews on Youtube and you will learn alot.

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

The Sig 1911-22 is a very well made pistol, slide to frame fit is on par with my custom made wad guns. The pistol has no problem cycling standard velocity ammo even though Sig recommends using high velocity.
    toolmaker251_2008_0303257.jpg

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

That Sig is a great looking gun. Love the grips.

6. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

One of the gun mag's just published a gun test on the Sig 1911 .22,
    Ruger .22, Colt 1911 .22 and S&W M&P .22 The S&W was the most accurate
    of the four.

7. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Sig and GSG are identical except for a little better finish and grips on the sig. Not bad for under $400. We sell quite a few.

8. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

The Sig is generally a well made pistol but;
    Sharp corner on the thumb safety that should be ground off round, plastic non-adjustable sights that I had replaced with steel adjustable sights, five & a half pound trigger pull that prob'ly contributes to it's somewhat mediocur accuracy. This thing is definitely NOT a target pistol, altho' with a trigger job and decent sights it could make a plinker.

John C. Saubak

9. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

My buddy & I each bought Colt Gold Cups...had trigger pulls lightened. They are made by Walther and are GREAT guns for the $$. Regards, Ed

10. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

I have and enjoy my Gold Cup made by Walther.

One of the pluses is that the lower part of the pistol accepts the aftermarket parts for a 1911 ,45.

The trigger pull on my new Gold Cup was inconsistant and heavy.
    I replaced the sear spring with a lighter one made for the 1911 .45 resulting in a very nice trigger pull.

You can also change out other parts, such as sear, trigger ect and make a race gun out of it.

I chose the Gold Cup as it has adjustable sights.

It really feels and operates like my 1911 at a lot less ammo cost.

If you like 1911s you will like the walther version.

ed

11. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

AFAIK GsG and Umarex ( AKA airsoft gunmakers ) in Germany makes all of them except for the Philippine version I think Rock Island and American Tactical sells those.

Reports are all over the place on all these guns. I've tried the Chiappa and it was a POS. From my viewpoint either pony up for an old original Colt Ace 22 or one of the expensive conversions like the Tacsol or Marvel set up by a pro gunsmith or go with a Browning Buckmark or Ruger you can't go wrong with those.

I've also owned at one time or another pretty much all of the cheaper conversion units on up to the Kart and Day, it's a crap shoot whether they work or not. Again reports all over the place because of the nature of the beast.

12. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I have S&W 1911 Pro Series 45acp. I put the Kimber conversion on it and it shoots like a dream. Runs well on cheap ammo.

However, I am lazy, and I mainly shoot a Browning Buckmark. I love the MidwayUSA speedloader which fits the Browning magazine.

Charlie

13. Gambit

Gambit TS Member

I also have the Colt Gold Cup. Great gun. Variety of ammo works and cycles well. As was mentioned above, there is a lot of after market available for the 1911.

14. quartering

quartering Active Member

what about a .22 conversion for your 1911 full bore?

15. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

The conversion will work, but the price of a quality conversion is about the same as a good 1911 clone in .22 cal.

I had a Colt conversion but sold it to buy the Walther/Colt 22.
    Actually the colt conversion was not that good.

ed

16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    While not physically the same, the Buckmark is physically similar. The slide release and safety are similar. It lacks a grip safety, though, plus no exposed hammer.

17. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Can you guys tell me what you are paying for cheap plinking 22 ammo that would entice me to shoot this instead of $4.75 quality target .45 ammo?! Thanks, Tom Rhoads

18. Gambit

Gambit TS Member

Just bought a box of 525 shells for $17.99 of Federal.

19. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

You can buy CCI Blazer for around $17 a brick or $160 a case. Inexpensive target ammo like CCI standard velocity goes for around $26 a brick or $230 a case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

chiappa 911-22