1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1901/02 - 00grade LC Smith 12ga/30

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Slugo, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slugo

Slugo Member

the gun belongs to a good friend. It was his grandfather's gun. The condition of the gun IMO falls between Blue Book POOR and FAIR. The stock appears to have been altered years ago with the addition of an old style rubber recoil pad. Not much finish left, but the wood is in OK condition. Bores are fairly clean with just a little random pitting. I have not fired the gun. I'm trying to establish a realistic value on it. My friend wants to sell it, but I'm having trouble coming up with a number. Overall I would rate this a 50-60% gun. This is a tough one, but I'm sure my friend would entertain a reasonable offer...

Any help appreciated. Thanks...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

On Shotgunworld, there's an LC Smith forum. That's where you'll get you best info.

FWIW, that elsie is not too bad ... at least the screws are not boogered, which lends hope that no blacksmiths have been inside.

I 'spect you're right, tho, that any realistic price you put on it will be less that your friend hopes.

Me? I, personally, would buy it and make it back into a 1st class duck gun, but $500 would be abt my top.

Bob

3. Slugo

Slugo Member

Bob, we must think alike. In the back of my head, I was thinking between $400-500 bucks. I did post it on SGW General Forum, more hits there...

4. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

500 is a stretch in my opinion. 300 to 400 is more like it. But on second thought what's 500 now days. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.