1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

18yr Widow Mother Kills Intruder

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by vpr80, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

This girl is amazing. 18yrs old, widow, with a 3 month old versus two piece of shit scum bags, guess who won! Too freakin' bad the other one did not meet the same fate as his partner.

Click Link Above for News Story.

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I saw that last night on the tv. They were actually praising the girl and I wasn't watching Fox news at the time.

ss

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Good for her. Sorry that she had to do it but good for her.

4. 410 JIM

410 JIM TS Member

Reckon she used 7 1/2's or 8's.

5. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

What a gutsy young girl; good for her! This is what needs to be happening all across the country.

rm

6. revbook

revbook Member

Am I the only one who thinks there is more to this story? Some things just don't add up.

Don

7. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

No doubt the kid led an unusual life. She's 18, dead husband was 56, etc.

However, you have got to love a woman who says, "There is nothing more dangerous than a mother protecting her child". AMen.

No matter what else there is to the story, it is exactly why citizens need to be armed.

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

"Am I the only one who thinks there is more to this story? Some things just don't add up."

Evidently you are. What doesn't seem to add up?

The guy knew the lady was now a widow and had stopped by the home the day of the funeral despite the fact she was not familiar with the individual. He claimed to be a new neighbor. On New Year's Eve, the man( Justin Martin)returned with another man, Dustin Stewart, and this time was armed with a 12-inch hunting knife. The two soon began trying to break into McKinley's home. She called 911 and stated she was armed and scared. She asked the 911 operator if she could shoot the intruder if he broke in. The 911 operatpr told her she couldn't answer that but she could do whatever it took to defend herself and her child. The guy did break in armed with a knife. The young lady proceded to protect herself with deadly force. This falls under the "Castle Doctrine" where in some states you may use deadly force to protect yourself if you fear for your life. The young ladies husband had died weeks earlier. I commend the young lady for doing what she did. You enter an occupied home uninvited in a State where the "Castle Doctrine" is part of the law and this is what can happen.

Here in IL, we have the "Castle Doctrine" law and there is no requirement of retreat unlike some States. In Illinois use of deadly force is justified if the person reasonably believes they are in danger of death or great physical harm. It also allows for the justified use of deadly force if the unlawful entry is violent, or the person believes the attacker will commit a felony upon gaining entry. In other words, don't come to my house to steal or you won't be walking back out.

9. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

I didn't think you were allowed to have guns in Illinois. Good for the girl. I also heard that the accomplice is charged with murder.

Steve

10. ML

ML Member

This happened in Oklahoma, We have make my day law. The mom protected her life and the baby.

Regards

M.L.
    Oklahoma

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The accomplice is charged with murder because a death occured during his criminal activity. I don't know if it is peculiar to OK but it's a good concept.

Castle Doctrine would apply in a non life threatening situation. This was pure and simple self defense.

Dumbass brought a knife to a gun fight.

HM

12. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Kind of interesting that I saw an update on this on one of the network morning news show today - the girl was showing how she held the double barrel 12 ga. Not only were there no negative comments by the news people, they actually put out details on two other similar events in other parts of the country. Since when does the network news, any of them, actually show a gun user in a positive light? Welcome change of attitude.

rm

13. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

If you were to go after someone with a knife and the other person has the drop on you with a double barrel shotgun, well the guy wasn't too bright.

14. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I saw it on the morning news again. She said the cops took 21 min, I said 21 min to get to her house. To me thats way to long to help out a 18 year old widow with a 3 month old kid. And people wonder why we have guns and want to carry guns. Well look at this and the time it took for the cops to get there. Thats why.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.