1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1800 pound wild hog?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Jim R, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Just got this in an email, don't think it's true, but who knows?

All I can say is, holy s _ _ _ !!!!

Pork-Chops - Anyone?

Cute little Texas pig ...That was killed in the town of Cut-N-Shoot TX. We call them Piney Wood Rooter's.

There was a documentary on about a month ago about these PIGS growing up so rapidly in the US .

They're all over Georgia , Alabama , Arkansas , Texas , Florida , and other states.

Did you ever wonder what happens to those people that just leave home and disappear but their car is found out on a dirt road?

Between bigfoot and these monsters, I think we know!

Killed by a Medical Radiology worker...

What would you do if this beast was coming at you?

Run for dear life?

Climb a tree?

Or simply get run over?

Over 1,800 lb. wild boar shot and killed in Conroe , Texas near the county airport, east of I-45 and near the community of Cut and Shoot

We were taught to stand still because their eye sight is poor. By standing still they probably would not see you and walk right on by. And NO you can't outrun them!!

jimr_2008_030355.jpg

jimr_2008_030356.jpg

jimr_2008_030357.jpg

2. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

I suspect the 1800# will be challenged but if it weighed 1/4 of that it is still one BIG Son of a Gun!!!

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

The only way a wild pig gets that big is by being fed! I'll bet this one was pen raised and then turned out on a "hunting presrve".

ss

4. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Researched this one after having it forwarded to me by non-hunting relatives. Also found out that it was the Turkish hog...and look at the positioning. I could make my little 125 pound doe look like a four hundred pounder if I sat five feet behind it.

5. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

It's obvious they are not Texans.

6. Jamnss

Jamnss TS Member

Looks like this hog was killed in Turkey in 2005. There are a few different web sites that tell the real story. Still is a big hog. Think of the size grill you would have to use to cook it.

7. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Photoshop. Not even a good job at it.

8. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

I was going to say they looked like Russians but Turks are close enough.

It is hard to believe (unless that pic has been photoshopped) that that thing ONLY weighs 781#

It is definately a "Russian" type boar, But I think anything taken in the US would have been "diluted down" by breeding with domestic pics and not look quite so scruffy.

One way or another, having that thing hanging on your wall would definately qualify you as having the largests Cojones on the block!

WOW!

Randy

9. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

We have a bunch of big hogs around here in south Georgia but none that tip the scales that high. In the new Georgia Outdoor News there is a picture of a hog a 13 yr old girl shot in their field that weighed 750 lbs and she called her father and he came home to get it out of the field and killed a 435 lb sow. There is no doubt in my mind that these were gone wild but were of a domesitc breed. The boar had huge tusks. Most of them that are in that size category are domestic hogs that have been turned loose or just got out. Several years ago feed got so expensive and the price of pork went so low that a lot of farmers just turned their hogs out. A couple of years ago there was a hog that was reported to have been killed that weighted 1200 lbs and was on TV with some special report. I don't know how much it actually weighed but it was shot about 40 miles from where I live. Jackie B.

10. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I KNEW there was a reason I wanted one last 375! LOL

11. bigdave35180

bigdave35180 TS Member

I saw a domestic hog in Grayton Beach, Florida in about 1999 in a pen at a community craft fair....they called him Hamus Alabamus that they claimed weighed 1354 lbs....I didnt have any scales with me..but that sucker looked as long as a freight train....

12. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

and those pics are real... yal next you guys are going to try and convince the rest of us that men flew into space and walked on the moon... smoke and mirrors!

Seriously though, is there a vet on this site that can confirm if a hog can physically reach that kind of weight?

Seems too big to me, but I am not a vet and that is why I am asking.

13. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I'm just glad its not my job to rustle up enough eggs to go with all that bacon...SSewwwweeeee!

14. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Sure is pretty fat for a wild hog. I'd say it was pen raised, too.

15. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

I'll take all that jowl meat.........don't care how big that hog is..........thats alot of good eatin'!
    D.P.Reynolds

16. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Giant Wild Boar - Analysis
    .Status: The images (#1, #2, #3) are mislabeled.

According to a March 3, 2009 article in the Conroe Courier, no 1,800-pound wild boar has ever been seen near Conroe, Texas, let alone hunted, bagged, and photographed for posterity. Your average Texan feral hog weighs in at approximately 150 lbs., says a Texas Parks and Wildlife game warden quoted in the Courier. An exceptionally large one might tip the scales at 300.

In point of fact, it's doubtful there's a wild boar anywhere in the world that weighs 1,800 pounds. There have been reports of domestic hogs approaching or exceeding that size, but the largest documented specimens in the wild have topped out at 1,100 pounds or less.

Citing a report in a French hunting magazine, the Courier reveals that the boar in these pictures was actually a 781-pounder killed in Turkey in 2005 (the EXIF data embedded in the images confirms the photos were snapped on June 3 of that year). One visual clue — the "Nature Tours" logo on the side of a vehicle in one of the photos — indeed points to a Turkish hunting website on which the same images are displayed.

Taken from About.com Urban myths, just type in 1800 lb hog. J.W.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
1200 lb hog
1200 pound hog
1200 pound hog shot in gilmer
13 year old girl drops 750lb hog
1800 lb hog killed in tennessee
1800 lb wild boar in florida
1800 pound hog tremont tn

1800 pound wild boar killed in florida