1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

18 yard "Handicap"......

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fishguts, Feb 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishguts

fishguts Member

2. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

18 yard

So the next time you see him shooting handicap he will be on the 19. Was it a youngster? Instead of ridiculing, you should have walked up to him and shook his hand and said great shooting. It is atttituded like that that drive shooters away. Where would you propose that a new shooter start their handicap from? Just sayin'. John

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

18 yard

I agree with John. Let's make fun of those who don't shoot at your level or yardage. That's sure to keep shooters around. Never understood the whole puff your chest out and belittle those of less skill. Guess its what makes some feel big.

4. fishguts

fishguts Member

18 yard

Grown men with 12 gauge shotguns that having been shooting targets for years....even the kids are at the 20 yard line.

Wayne

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

18 yard

Wayne, a lot of ATA shooters can't maintain a break point average from the 16 yard line but so what? Laugh or ridicule them out of the game too? Some are old timers slipping down the ladder rungs of past success yet still loves to shoot. Your attitude toward lesser ability shooters sucks big time! Shame on you for that elitist attitude!

Hap

PS, be thankful I'm not in charge of setting registered targets for you to take pot shots at! You'd earn your 95/6s for sure, regardless of yard line!

6. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

18 yard

So I assume that you are a doctor and privy to everyones medical records. With the average age jof shooters being well into their 50's now, a plethora of medical issues crop up, eyesight dwindles, any number of things can happen. How many years have you been shooting if I may ask. Ever havbe to go under the knife for something? Ever have a horrendous wreck that mangled or maimed you in some way? Again, Just sayin'. John

7. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

18 yard

I am a grown man. I am on the 18 yard line. I am close to 70 & have been shooting at clay targets for 49 years & registered ATA for 25 years. And some NSSA also. And in all that time at registered(and otherwise),I have never once,not one time,broken a 100 straight. One 16 yd 99 I remember & maybe another in there. A 98 from the 20 once. Some 97's & 96's. So laugh at me when I stand at the 18 yd line & get really super lucky & run the 100 & whip your butt. Then we will really see how loudly you can cry. Maybe,just maybe,there are some people that should be at the 18. Tom

8. fishguts

fishguts Member

18 yard

Ahhhh B.S., I congratulate every shooter on every score, whether its good, bad, practice or registered........I tell shooters "good job" no matter what. And usually I never ridicule anyones score, yardage, eyesite, whatever....but I see a whole lot of shooters moving forward due to the two yards rule who should not be there, and they agree!!....so now that they can't go any farther forward, they can't wait to start shooting handicap......last shoot, since it was targets only, the talk was to drop targets to stay under 96 so they could remain on 18 yards. 20 yards represents a good starting point for Handicap.....18 yards is ridiculous.

Wayne

9. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

18 yard

........and they wonder why some refuse reductions?

10. fishguts

fishguts Member

18 yard

Tommy....I hope you run 100's all over the place....16's, 18's, everywhere. I won't cry when you whip me but I'll say "good job". I have shot targets on and off since 1965 too, but only ATA since '05, I wouldn't even shoot ATA except it allows me to get more shooting in.

...AND Mr.Mec Tweeks....your attitude of "fixing me" by throwing lousy targets belongs right up there on the 18 yard line. I've shot so many lousy targets that whats a few more.

Wayne

11. fishguts

fishguts Member

18 yard

BCNU........I'm onto 63 yrs.....we ALL have our issues.

Wayne

12. fishguts

fishguts Member

18 yard

Well, I guess I better apologize for saying 18 yards isn't handicap...it is for many shooters and for a variety of reasons that I hadn't considered.....just that it's tough to listen to people congratulate themselves for making it down to the 18, shooters that are way too good to be there, and the talk of dropping targets to remain there. I guess I got a little pissed at the "fake" 18 yarders....good luck to all handicap shooters, 18 to 27.

How 'bout lettin' this thread die?

Wayne........

13. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

18 yard

In on letting it die. I just get a little bent at some things. Helped run a club for awhile and I wouldnt stand for tLk like that in person or on here. We need almost every shooter we can get. Except for deliberate target droppers. Thats just cheating. In all fairness, you didnt mention that in the first post. Been gone for awhile myself and have not met some posters yet. Glad to meet you sir. John R. Johnston here

14. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

18 yard

Wayne, I agree with you, this subject was a bad choice in the way you presented it and that it should die.

I sent you a PM instead of responding on your thread.

Hap

15. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

18 yard

The 17, 18 and 19 yard line are girly stations.

16. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

18 yard

Tell that to Nora Ross.

Phil Berkowitz

17. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

18 yard

Nora is not the only girl who would send Auctioneer home crying to his Mama.

I wish she would have a class closer to me in the Mid-west.

18. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

18 yard

Auctioneer is just an asshole who hides behind his sign on name spewing his normal idiot remarks.

19. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

18 yard

Another way to think about this: How many of us would bet $10,000 on a 100-bird handicap event if we were on the 18...and Harlan, Leo, Ray, Ricky (and a bunch of others) were on the 27?

Not me.

20. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

18 yard

This early in the morning? Wow!

blade819

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.