1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

18...now what?!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Trappy12, Sep 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

So I just turned 18 today, and have no idea what to do! I wont be able to do much tonight since it's the Homecoming Dance, but what did you guys do on your 18th birthday?
    -Trappy

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I was in the Marine Corps learning how to be a man.

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Cold guys, cold...

enjoy Homecoming..

4. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Registered for the Draft. Be thankful to every nan and woman serving in our armed forces.

5. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

My daughter just turned 18 and she leaves for basic in Jan. Any thoughts of joining?

6. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Join the Military.

Jerbear

7. BigM-Perazzi

Register for the Draft? Did I miss something???

Go to College. Become a Doctor.. enjoy trapshooting..

Better yet, ask Neil.

8. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

Enjoy your 18th and your dance. Think of your future and what you want or need to do. These upcoming years are very formative as to your career or lack thereof.

9. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday, Trappy!!!! Hope you have a good one!

[​IMG]

I was in the Army down in Ft.Hood, Texas learning all I could about the M-48 tank.

Don't remember a whole lot about Ft.Hood, but will never forget what I learned about the M-48 tank.

Hauxfan!

10. shutnlar

shutnlar TS Member

I enlisted in the USAF on my B'day. Some time in the Military might help you figure things out- It might kill you but it won't hurt you...

Larry

11. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Take the obvious hint Trappy, join the service. You need it.

12. BigM-Perazzi

Ok, truth be known, I was sitting on the home front, in Ricks Cafe, Ann Arbor Michigan. Enjoying the company of the ladies present. Drinking Expresso, playing Space Invaders, and avoiding Sheriff Harvey and his storm troopers.

13. crusha

crusha TS Member

Trappy,

Don't listen to these old farts. According to 45% of them, the current goals of the military are a waste of time. These are the same guys sitting back and saying, "Let the terrorists win in Afghanistan, get our boys out of there." So judging from that, I'd follow their lead, turn my back on military service, and never look back. If they won't support you, regardless who is President, why should you make that career choice?

These guys grew up back when America didn't have to compete with the rest of the world for every dollar its workers take home in their paycheck. You could f_ck around fixing up hotrod cars, joining the military - generally having the sort of aimless, nostalgia-glazed young adulthood the denizens of Normal Rockwell America thought they were entitled to...then come back from the service, go to school on the G.I. bill (sucking the tit of the taxpayers, basically), start your own business - and live the American dream. Then someday lecture young people about how they "don't know anything."

That's just not an option today. Young people today may not know anything - but neither do the old-timers, when it comes to making your way in the world today. Joining the military would be one of the biggest wastes of your potential you could possibly make. These guys say it's a waste of time - so follow their lead. Why sit around peeling potatoes at taxpayer expense in a peacetime military, when all the guys who served back in the old days are arguing for a diminished American military presence in the world?

Bosh - forget it. Drive around with your Obama sticker on your car, go to law school, and turn your back on the past. I don't like it - but you'd be silly to do otherwise at this point.

14. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

You made it this far so trust your own judgement. However I too would look at the military. Specifically the US Air Force. Go talk to the recruiter at your local Air Force Reserve Wing/Squadron and see what type training/specialties they offer. If you like what you see; join up. If after boot camp, training,etc. you still like it then go active duty. Gives you a little more control over your future. Good luck.

15. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

At 18 I was starting Grad school at TCU. At 19 I went back and got the rest of the undergrad I skipped. AJ

16. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

In the Marine Corp getting my ass shot at in Korea. Go to Canada, they will welcome a liberal like you. Semper Fi BRGII

17. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

It should be obvious given your liberal leanings. Join Obamas Americore so that you can complete your indoctrinaton. Otherwise, find a good conservative college and find balance in your life along with a good education.

Robert

18. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

You have your whole life yet in front of you, releize you are just starting out and don't kown it all. Take the time now to really learn, your school learning will fail you starting now.

Be aware that the generation in controll now has totally screwed things up. Try to become a sulution to the current problems don't become part of them.

If you chose to go into the service, do it, its a better start then any of the present college's have to offer.

Find your passion and put your life into it.

Falling tree's was my passion, the eco-freaks(products of college education)ruined it and have given this generation the term "wildfires"

19. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Registered as a Republican, joined the local police department, and bought a new gun.

20. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

In your case I would read "Conscience of a Conservative". It would do you the most good. Happy Birthday!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.