1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

18 More Mondays

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Starting on the 8th of January, I have 18 more Mondays to work. Retirement at the end of this school year. I was planning a couple more years but, the district like so many others is in trouble. I'm being forced out early took a few weeks to wrap my head around it but it is what it is. So what does a retired industrial arts teacher do at 61 years old?

2. Libra1310

Libra1310 TS Member

Shoot, Shoot and Shoot.

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

What ever he wants to

4. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Post that again in a year along with what you have been doing. I retired involuntarily @ 63 (8 years ago) don't know how I ever had time to work. ENJOY some body has to catch those fish--hunt--break some targets mid week, there just isn't enough time on week-ends. Ross Puls

5. Proofdoubles

Proofdoubles Member

You will find it takes longer to do anything but you won't care and will enjoy doing it more. You know you're really retired when you forget what day of the week it is and don't care. Enjoy!!!!

6. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

Bruce I agree with all of the above. I have been retired 21 years and have enjoyed ever minute of it. The only thing that I miss is the good people that I worked with.

Dave

7. quartering

quartering Active Member

well, on the first monday night of your 18 monday countdown there's a college bowl game! enjoy

8. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Bruce sorry to here of your news, may I ask what trade your are teaching??
    Jim Z

9. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

I retired on Nov 1, 2011 and am loving life! I am shooting alot more and doing alot of things I have put off for ages. You will love it when it happens

Oscar

10. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I enjoy my work and still hard at it at 72. Last week a young man asked me "Why you still workin', old man?" My reply, "I have a wife with a credit card"

11. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I'm 64 and work part time. I was asked why I still work and my answer was so I could hunt and fish the rest of the week. In reality I just love what I do, getting to order the hunting and fishing equipment for a sporting goods store. Gun sales are crazy for a little country town of 2500, we've sold close to three hundreds guns this month and almost that many last month. Jackie B.

12. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Bruce, look at it on the bright side, no more BS from bosses. You know I left work 3-13-2007 and I couldn't be happier. Like mentioned above it takes more time to do something buy who cares you'll have all the time in the world. If I ever get to Florida you and yours can come down for a free vacation and we'll go to the Silver Dollar to shoot a few....hundred. Mike.

13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Don't worry. If you are married you'll be busy either doing what she tells you to do, or hiding from her.

14. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

When I had a job, I at least got a couple of days off each week, but when your retired you don't get any days off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.