1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

17 Years of No Smoking

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Its been 17 years of not smoking. I quite March 2, 1994. And yes from time to time I still want one but know I can't. LOL I was a 3 pack a day smoker when I was not working and a 2 pack a day when I was.

2. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

Been 35 years for me. Never looked back.

3. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

28 years for me...April 23, 8PM.....

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

15 years for me but now I just eat the stuff. (Copenhagen) I was really only nicotene free for about 2 years. Tough monkey to shake.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Gave up the Marlboro's and Cope Long Cut both prior to my first back surgery in Dec 2007. Still crave that cig with my beer sometimes but so happy i don't fulfill that urge anymore.

P.S. Congrats to the rest of you as i know how hard it is.

Matt

6. APrice

APrice Active Member

Congrats on quitting! Doesn't it amaze you that you ever voluntarily smelled that bad?

When our local hospital campus went smoke-free, they actually had some smoking employees quit good paying jobs and leave because of it. That's what you call a serious addiction!

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

APrice--Got that right!! Guess i never realized how bad it was until i quit. Everything i owned stunk.

Matt

8. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I have for some reason always wanted to smoke.. I have tried everything from rabbit baccer to cigs, cigars,and pipes.. just not man enough to do it..lol.. I can chew a like taylors pride ever now and then though..

9. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

I quit 5 years & 3 weeks ago today.(smoked for 50 years) It's amazing how much cleaner the house smells now. I would like to have all that cash right now in one LARGE pile. Larry Evans

10. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I quit smoking 21 yrs ago, tobacco free for about 3 yrs then started dipping snuff, have quit it about 5 times but would end up working with somebody who was dipping, and like a dipstick would try it for one shot, and was hooked again.

Quiting smoking is easy compared to snuff

11. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

I never smoked but congrats to all of you that have quit. Anyone who was in my parent's motorhome when I shot as a junior knows that secondhand smoke does not kill or I would have died by age 21. I don't remember my Mom without a cigarette burning in the ashtray with a coke at hand. My Dad said he didn't start smoking until about 25 minutes of landing in the second wave at Omaha Beach, wounded behind an anti tank trap. He saw the bullets hitting into the sand around him and reached into the rations and pulled out the little pack of two or four Camels and smoked them down to his fingernails. He smoked for about 40 years all the way down to his fingernails, until both he and Mom quit. I was away from home for several years and hated to go home with the smell of smoking. ............ I found out about beer instead..........

Bob Gibson
    Charlotte,NC formerly of Washington, PA

12. Guy

Guy Member

It's an insidious addiction....makes you love it....you know it's killing you....and you don't care. After 45 years I'm quit again (probably 6-7 times) for 8 months.....I told the doc that when the time comes for him to tell me I have a month or two left.....I'm gonna start smoking again. I could do it right now.

13. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I guess I'm the new boy on the block. I just quit 6 weeks and 2 days ago. Its still hard from time to time. But each day gets a little better. I've been taking the Chantix and it does help. You still have to want to stop is the bottom line. Oh Yeh, the side effects are not for everyone. My Hats off you ole timers. Break-em all. Jeff

14. 1oz

1oz Member

Congrads on all , around 20 years ago for cigs tried the cigar thingy around the gun club was a clinton smoker didnt inhale got tired of that. Don't smoke dont drink hell i aint no fun. Guys it get easier

15. ctreay

ctreay Member

I quit in January of '88, 23 years ago cold turkey. I still get a craving for one but I just put it aside. I have the onset of emphysema and use a couple of different inhalers to get me through the days. I guess something has to kill us.

ctreay

16. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

!968 was the last one I had and never missed it in fact I hate everyone who smokes . Hey , my wife smokes .

17. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

1976 for me. 3 packs a day and quit cold turkey. Never looked back and sure glad I quit.

18. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Smoked for 35 years, quit 11 years ago. The patches helped.

John C. Saubak

19. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

It's been 59 years for me. Hell, I have enough bad habits without that one.

Congrats to all that have kicked the habit.

Rick in Mt.

20. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Gave it up September 1, 1972. Started when I was 11. Stunted my growth which is why I'm only 6'5". Gave up the habit as a birthday gift to the wife. She gave me up as a habit twenty years later. Never went back to either.

Mike Mann

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.