1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

17 Winchester Super Mag info anyone

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Claymuncher, May 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

Anyone know about the 17 WSM, any other rifle besides Savage? It is supposed to be out by now but there's very little information besides factory sites. I have Coyotes waiting for it.

3000 fps rimfire / Sweet

CM

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Winchester has already cataloged a winchester 1885 Single Shot Low Wall in .17 Win Super Mag. I'm keenly interested in this rifle, but don't know when production is slated to start.

Winchester is also offering .22 LR, .22 WMRF and .17 HMR on identical 1885 Low Walls as well, so if someone wants an 1885 in rimfire, this is the year to jump on it.

3. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

I would rather have a bolt so I will get one to play with as soon as I see one from Savage. The other video I seen of the Savage did not look mechanically sound but the price was right, I think it was under 300. Sub minute groups from a box rifle at 200 yds, sweeter yet.

CM

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

it looks great on paper but I'm going for the 17Hornet just for being able to reload it as I have a ton of once fired K-Hornet brass

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    In my case I don't want a reloadable centerfire.

There are certain seasons where you cannot hunt with a centerfire rifle without having the appropriate big game tag for that particular unit. That means we're restricted to shotguns, rimfires or handguns. The shotgun is a close range gun, and the 17 HMR is on the weak side for coyotes. The 17 WSM should cleanly take coyotes, so it fills a niche for me.

6. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I'm with you on that Brian. I have two of them on order after seeing them at a sporting goods show. Our rep still says no idea when they will come in. Calvin, I have a hornet single shot set up with a 2nd gen night scope for hog hunting. It's very accurate up to 75 yards but futher than that something changes. You can still see well with it but the accuracy goes out the window. Haven't figured out why. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

where to buy winchester m1885 super mag