1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

165 illegal aliens arrested in Portland....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    INS (I saw the initials ICE on their vests) raided some produce packing plants today in Portland, and scooped up 165 illegal aliens who were using fake SSN and Green Cards. A couple of managers were arrested for aiding and abetting them (an undercover agent said they told the illegals to just bring good quality fake documents).<br>
    <br>
    The mayor of Portland, Tom Potter, is outraged at the arrests of these hard working undocumented workers who are only trying to feed their families.<br>
    <br>
    I think the voters ought to deport him out of office.<br>
    <br>
    The local unions held a protest. They were ticked off about the arrests, and blamed Bush and the Republicans for not passing a better immigration bill.<br>
    <br>
    What a bonfire of the vanities.

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I agree...deport the mayor...he was no doubt sucking up to the trespassers to get their illegal votes...bet he's a Dumocrat

3. BP348

BP348 Active Member

Brian,

The former INS has been split up into two different agencies under DHS.

1. Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) which is responsible for all the criminal investigations, detention, and removal of aliens, thus the raid on the packing plant. It's a combo of the former INS and U.S. Customs criminal investigations division plus the detention and removal arms of the INS.

2. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) this agency is a combanation of the uniformed agencies of the former INS and Customs to include Customs inspectors, immigration inspectors, and agrculture inspectors all of whom work at assigned Port-of-Entries. It also includes the U.S. Border Patrol. CBP does very little to no criminal investigations. But by law they can enforce immigration laws away from the border. Most CBP units are found at or near the border.

I agree that the voters ought to deport him (the Mayor) out of office. He's just trying to save the hispanic vote. Why would the local unions protest? I would have thought they'ed be for the raid(s).

4. Brian in Oregon

Why do the unions stick up for illegal aliens?<br>
    <br>
    The unions are now in league with "undocumented workers" because union strength has dwindled to the point where they feel they can bolster their ranks down the road by organizing illegals and Green carded aliens.

5. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Brian, absolutely right about the unions supporting illegals...the unions only care about another dues paying member. Yeah, but what did you expect from Portland...in the same liberal vien as Sacramento. Let me know if you need more liberals up there...we are overrun with them here in the late, great State of Ca.

6. Brian in Oregon

But that's just it....the union leaders are simply following the marching orders of their liberal masters.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

A union is only as good as its memebership. 33 years and our local never had or tolerated illegals.

Just as in the rest of the country, the "masters" hold office at the behest of the voters.

HM

8. lumper

lumper TS Member

I'm going to read on the tv news tonight that produce suppliers in Portland have already begun price increases because of labor problems ... now when you cant afford to purchase tomatoes or lettuce just remember that you deported the low price.

We do have an immigration problem within this country but until the US begins to really take care of the problem and I mean really take care of it by deporting corpses instead of people who will just return again and again then and only then will they be deterred from trying to make it back to the land of milk and honey.

9. halfmile

Corpses..........I like it. Don't need to deport them. Use them as fertilizer.

HM

10. halfmile

"Where's Pablo?"

"Out in the onion field!

"Raoul went to fertilize the beans!"

Hee Hee.

HM

11. atashooter

atashooter Member

165 illegal aliens ... and all out of 1 mini van .... LOL

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Unions support the Illegals because they sign them up and get another dues paying member who will probably never collect anything from the Union when it comes time to collect the benefits ... This has been common practice for years and there is no way for any of the members to know where the dues monies went from 100 or 200 Illegals who probably never will be recognized by the Union ... Think about it, nice little pot there ... I was in the Teamsters for over 30 years and found that the Unions were once a Power House in representing the memebership and since have turned to supporting anything that will keep them in their sweet do nothing jobs as BA's and Union reps ... The Unions will usually sell out the membership to management at the drop of a dime ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

You guys have all the unions figured out huh? How many of you belong to unions? I've been a member since I was 16 years old in two different unions and never saw an illegal in the ranks or heard of one getting in for any reason. In my union you have to be a citizen and swear allegiance to the flag. YOu guys must be low on the totem pole of Republicans or you wouldn't be bitching about the illegals. They are here for the jobs the rich Republicans can give them. Those folks always did like slaves. Dan

14. halfmile

Amen.

Most of this garbage comes from people who never were union workers, or if they were they were not very good ones.

HM

15. d endicott

d endicott Member

I hate to say this but we have caused this ourselves. We let the government put in so many rules that will not let our youth work in the fields and factories. Years ago kids would pick beans, cherries, apples, etc for money to go to school.

16. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

Damn, think of it !!! That's swimming the long way around!!

17. shadow

shadow Active Member

Those people come here to WORK. I say give them all orange jumpsuits and let them WORK, doing jobs that the crap jobs that nobody else wants. After about 5 years of WORKING under the watchful eyes of a prison guard give them the option of continuing their jobs or deportation.

18. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Dahab, you think only the Republicans support illegals?? You are clueless. Here in California, the Dems have complete control in the Assembly and they love every illegal who sneaks in. Their reward: NO COST (as in FREE tuition) to our community colleges, generious grant money available for State/University 4 year schools which does not need to be paid back, subsidized housing, state jobs only an illegal can get, lowered admissions requirements because they are from Mexico, El Savador, etc., FREE medical care from any hospital ER/critical care/extended care, "special" free tuitoring as many have litte or no English skills, on and on....
    Unions: I worked with dozens of Unions contracting them with providers (physicians/hospitals groups...HMO's/PPO's) and about half of them were corrupt in one way or another. Oh yeah, they know all about shakedowns and handouts if you want to do business with them. Union members are totally in the dark as to the levels of corruption of some (not all) of these union leaders.
    Never seen an illegal union member? Reality check time Dahab. Come out to California and I'll take you into a Cambells Soup plant (Cannery Workers union) and you will see many of the members/employees who are illegals. While here, I'll take you to visit the Hotel & Restuarant Workers union...again, maybe up to 50% are illegals. Unions give damn little about workers rights/issues...it's all about the dues so some union rep. can attend his/her meetings at a 5 Star Resort on Hilton Head. Union upper management is bloated, way overpaid, well versed in nepotism, and spend members dues money without oversight. Union members should be asking the hard questions about how much union management makes, their benefits package, and fat retirement. In the end, the unions only care about new member dues...legal or illegal.

19. halfmile

I would love to see you try and sign an illegal up in the IBEW for an elitrical aprenticeship. Before you gotr out the door the B. A, would be on the phone.

Don't paint all unions (or locals, for that matter) with the same brush.

HM

20. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Halfmile, my rant was towards those unions (hopefully a small minority) who are dishonest and do't have the members best interest in mind. I actually support the building trades and I see a HUGH need for them and government to get more people into training programs like: electricians, carpenters, plumbers, etc., and keep the pressure on our politicians to keep out the fly-by-night contractors/builders. If you want to see inept and poorly trained construction workers just visit your local subdivision where you can be called a carpenter by just holding a hammer. I have great respect for those people (union or not) who have the training and skills to properly build a house, plumb it, wire it, etc. Whats happening is that the big home builders across the county contribute millions of dollars to politians (dems or repubs) and enjoy cheap, qualified workers performing skilled/technical jobs. Sad pickle we are in nowdays. And no, I don't hire/use illegal labor. When I had a new driveway and more done, I had two seasoned, cement union guys do it on the weekend and knew they would do it correctly. Same for my new electrical panel, skilled union guy who is a weekend warrior.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.