1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

16 yard Station 5

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Stl Flyn, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Lost!

2. JRANDALL1

JRANDALL1 Member

Im left eye dominant and a left handed shooter as well. I hold level on the right corner of the trap house. When the bird clears the house it allows me to see it before it hits the peak.

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I'm a one eye shooter and I hold outside the corner and down about a 1/4 of the way from the roof line. In fact on trap fields that have a 10 yard stake in front of the house I'm pointing the gun just to the right of it. Vise a versa for station #1.

Concentrate on keeping your eye on the bird and in particular your head on the stock if your a right hand shooter. On right hand birds a person can pull their cheek off the stock easier, same with left hand shooters on left angling birds. I've noticed (in my case anyway) that you don't need to pull you cheek clear off the stock, a decrease in pressure will do wonders to help you miss the bird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.