1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

16 ga reloading

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Beni, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beni

Beni Member

anyone have a good field load for 16 ga also any reloading components out there thanks beni

2. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

I reload for 16 ga. I Get my components from Ballistic Products. Everything you need. The sell a 16 ga. manual which has a lot of info and many loads listed. It's something like ten bucks. www.ballisticproducts.com Phone is 1-888-273-5623. Hope this helps. Mike.

3. johnboy

johnboy Member

There is a lot of info out there, one site is http://www.16ga.com

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I used to use Remington Sport Load hulls, Winchester Primers, and Hodgdon Longshot, but I can't remember what wad.

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

I like 800X for 1.125 loads and unique for 1 ouncers.

6. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Go to 16gasociety.com their will be more infomation and loading charts that will blow your mind. Anything you can think of for the 16 you will find information their. I have loaded for the 16 for 40 years and 16ga society still has new stuff and ideas all the time. Bill

7. skipsor

skipsor Member

One more vote for 16ga.com. There have been a couple of new wads for the 16 made in the last few years by both Down Range and Claybusters.

"Field loads" is a pretty large area to cover without knowing what kind of field you will be in,i.e., skeet, trap, pheasant, quail, spotted owl, etc.

You will have to narrow it down a bit to get a good answer.

I own several 16's and, just like any other gauge, I pick my load to match the target but 7/8 oz. is my favorite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

16ga reloading with e-3

reloading 16 ga