1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$150 a barrel for crude

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by TOOLMAKER 251, Jun 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I was just reading where oil is expected to rise to $150 by July. The good news is there building a 1.5 billion dollar uranium enrichment plant in New Mexico. We need 100 more generating plants in our country. I wonder how many people will freeze this winter because they can't afford $5+ a gallon heating fuel?

2. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Thats why I'm voting for Bob Barr,Libertarian.To use his own words "The goverment is now controlled by enviromental wacos".He also believes that global warming is a "myth".Its just to bad that so many fear a vote for him would be a vote for Obama.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have the fear mentioned above. There are only two people who have a chance of winning the Presidential election. I can vote against Obama by voting for McCain. Or, I could vote for Barr and not McCain which is the same thing as voting for Obama.

Pat Ireland

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Have you guys been watching the price of natural gas? They expect it to be 50% higher by fall. More natural gas now is being used to produce electricity than to heat homes. The wackos don't like coal to be used to produce electric, so I guess some will freeze this winter.

Nuclear is the way to go, but the wackos don't like it. The wackos don't like anything though, no oil, gas, coal, nuclear. Nothing that can that can produce energy in sufficient amounts.

The wackos at the Sierra Club need to have their energy shut off. All they basically do is beg for money and make life hard for people who produce a product.

5. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Arabs aren't driving the cost of crude. The Arabs are pumping oil out of the ground faster than the world refineries can refine it. The weakness in the US dollar, lack of refinieries, the "45 different environmental gasoline blends states requires, Wallstreet speculators and the unwillingness of US politicians to drill in the ANWAR and or the Gulf drive this product up!

The numbers already show Americans are cutting back on their drives yet crude and gasoline are at all time highs! Thats because the Chinese and Indians are now making up the difference. We need to find an alternative to fossil fuels or at least a mechanical products (cars) that re-burn fossil fuels ( exhaus) etc.

Actually, the rise in crude and gas is exactly what this country needed. We are more likely to look to technology and alternatives to fossil fuels. We can no longer count on the government for a solution. American engineering and know how will ultimatley find the solution.

Rick

6. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Watch the gov't. subsidize the poor's heating bills this winter. The middle class will take the 50% increase on the chin and pay higher taxes to cover the poor's higher bills.It will be status quo. Bend over Blue Collar.

7. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I thought it was all Dick Cheney's fault.

8. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

The United States is setting on more oil than Saudi Arabia. Off both our coasts
    in Alaska, and the basin in North Dakota. But our elected leaders wont let us drill. If they did just the announcement would drop the price of crude..

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

I hate to say it, but it's going to take 5 more years of this for America to get really serious about innovating, slightly changing our lifestyles, and exploring our own energy sources.

Remember, that if American companies were free to drill here, that crude would not be earmarked for "OUR" gas tanks. It would be sold on the world market, at prices the market would pay. Simply drilling our own oil isn't going to fix everything.

10. willing

willing Member

Compare the worth of the US dollar(Oil price base) with the price of oil today and a couple of years ago. The US manufacurers want the dollar to stay low so we can sell products overseas. ie guns cars etc.

Bill
    PS Think speculators also, did anything in producing oil change in 2 days to cause an increase of 13-15 dollars per barrel?

11. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Rick

The Arabs could pump probably twice as much as they are pumping now, and you are right, they have got no place to put it. America's refineries numbered in the middle 350's a few years ago, but now more than half are shut down mainly because of government red tape. Last week a popular news and stock report briefly reported on many oil tankers sitting on hold in the ocean because they have no place to unload their oil. Our refineries are full. The increased use of oil in foreign countries has little affect on the price of gas and natural resources in this country. It is just an excuse for the government and the very few monopolized oil companies to steal us blind.

They see it coming. They see the rapidly advancing use and alternative fuel technology in the near future and they are gouging us for all they can before alternate energy takes a foothold. The worst possible thing we could do is let the government and big oil gets their fingers on alternative fuels. Nothing would change as far as consumer rip-off. The technology is already in place to use all kinds of alternative fuels, but because of political pressure, red tape and hush money paid by big oil, the cost of actually putting alternative energy to use remains only a pipe dream. Right now, the government and big oil has a firm grip on alternative fuels and its future which is sad for this country. I don't believe the cost to power our vehicles, heat our homes and all other consumer needs will ever see much relief anymore.

Our refineries are full, we are cutting back on fuel consumption and the price of gas keeps going up. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what is going on!

12. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS YET! First it will keep the whiners and complainers at home on TS away from the shoots. There is a real reduction in the amount of petroleum consumed. It's not the Politicians or the environmental wacos keeping the cost up. It's the gullible American public voters. Our two party system is a failure! We need many or no parties. Democrats won't do anything for this country with a Republican sitting as president. Same for the Republicans you think they will pass any good bills that may make a Democrat look good.
    Lets face it when we are really hurt then we vote with our pocketbooks. We just had it to good for two long. That's what creates librals. They can afford to be libral.
    Joe goldberg

13. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

No, tripod, it's all Bush's fault- everything is. Once the messiah B. Hussein becomes president, gas will drop to $1 per gallon and peace will break out throughout the world. We will all have free medical care and food and our progeny will get to go to college for free. This, while the middle class gets a large tax cut. Shite won't stink anymore either.

14. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

When Merrill-Lynch predicted that oil would reach $150/bbl by July, did any of you wonder how much money Merrill-Lynch invested in oil futures a few days earlier when it was in the $120s? Think about it. I think it's called manipulation. Wouldn't it be even better if there were 50 gallons in a barrel? Larry Evans

15. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I invested $100K when it was $85.00 per barrel. By summer of 2009, crude will be $200 per barrel and I'll liquidate. My profits will pay for my gas for 15 + years.

Curt

16. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

Shooters have been paying that for Wilkinson barrels for years what is the problem?

17. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Good Delbert, Now I can go order that new custom Kreighoff I have been dreaming about!

18. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

See the "Oil Shales" thread.

19. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

I read an article in a paper that said it only costs about $1.00 per barrel to extract crude from the ground( after exploration, and drilling expenses). It costs $50.00-60.00 per barrel to pump it from storage to refineries ( transportation, manpower, etc).

At todays price, that only leaves $78.00 (+ or -) per barrel profit for the oil producing nations to build their empires on!

Don't you feel sorry for them?

Danny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.