1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

14k Gold Chain for Sale -- 24-inches

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Tekkie, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tekkie

Tekkie TS Member

0   0   0

Hello gents. I have a non-firearm related item for you this evening, right in time for Christmas if you are looking for something exceptional for that special someone in your life. I have a solid 14k gold chain in a ‘rope’ design. The chain is one of the longest lengths available for this kind of necklace at a full 24 inches long. I had the chain appraised by two independent jewelers who both agreed that at retail a necklace of this quality and length would fetch $1,000-$1,400 in their stores. The weight of the gold alone would be worth several hundred dollars if sold as scrap. However, it would be a shame to scrap such a nice piece, so I am offering this used chain for $450.

The chain can be worn as a standalone, or used to hold pendants, medals, or crosses. I don’t know how well it translates into pictures, but the chain is quite thick so it could also be worn as a chain for a man (if that is your kind of style). I did my best to show the style of the chain, as well as the clasp design. On the side of the clasp the characters “14k” can clearly be seen, but unfortunately I couldn’t get them to show up in the pictures. I will offer the buyer a 3-day inspection period to have the necklace independently authenticated.

Please send me a PM or email at Timothyk88@juno.com if you are interested or have any questions. I would certainly consider any firearm trades. I am specifically looking for a 9mm 1911 or perhaps a vintage Model 12.

Thanks for looking!

-Tim K.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tekkie

Tekkie TS Member

0   0   0

Bump.

Forgot to mention, I will ship anywhere in the Con. United States for free.

3. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

0   1   0

How much does it weigh. grain or pennyweight Tom

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Something else you need to provide potential buyers is what millimeter diameter the rope chain is? Just Say'n..........

5. Tekkie

Tekkie TS Member

0   0   0

To all those who inquired or are interested the chain weighs 16 grams.

I am not sure what the diameter of the chain is, sorry.

6. mission6222

mission6222 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Not a good time to sell?. wait for a day or two, if you really need the cash, do what you gota do. luck loyd

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

Golds down today

8. senorric

senorric Member

0   0   0

And gold is also down again this morning. Has the gold bubble burst?

9. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

If my math is correct, this is $515 in gold value just based on weight and $1575 per oz. Seems very reasonable to me.

10. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

This poster only has a has 3 threads to his name. Just a buyer beware to anyone interested.

11. Tekkie

Tekkie TS Member

0   0   0

I think anyone versed in internet sales understands buyer beware, but thanks for unnecessarily calling my integrity into question...

12. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

We've had quite a few people scammed on here lately, so any time a new member posts items for sale, they are looked at in a light of suspicion, esp when selling non-gun related items. Nothing personal.

13. Tekkie

Tekkie TS Member

0   0   0

I listed this here because I enjoy this board very much and items move pretty quickly. If any interested party has reservations about the legitimacy of the deal or the authenticity of the chain, I will be more then willing to accommodate them in any way they deem appropriate.

So, if you don't mind, let's keep future posts RELEVANT to the listing itself.

14. senorric

senorric Member

0   0   0

Where are you located should one wish to view the chain?

15. Tekkie

Tekkie TS Member

0   0   0

I live in Central Florida, about 40 minutes north of Orlando.

16. Tekkie

Tekkie TS Member

0   0   0

Bump.

17. Tekkie

Tekkie TS Member

0   0   0

Bumpage

18. Tekkie

Tekkie TS Member

0   0   0

--Price drop to $425--

19. Tekkie

Tekkie TS Member

0   0   0

To assuage ongoing concerns regarding my legitimacy, I will accept Paypal as a form a payment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.