1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

143 DAYS?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Big Jack, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Erie, Pa
    You couldn't get a job at McDonalds and become district manager after 143 days of experience. You couldn't become chief of surgery after 143 days of experience of being a surgeon. You couldn't get a job as a teacher and be the superintendent after 143 days of experience. You couldn't join the military and become a colonel after a 143 days of experience. You couldn't get a job as a reporter and become the nightly news anchor after 143 days of experience.
    BUT.... 'From the time Barack Obama was sworn in as a United State Senator, to the time he announced he was forming a Presidential exploratory committee, he logged 143 days of experience in the Senate. That's how many days the Senate was actually in session and working. After 143 days of work experience, Obama believed he was ready to be Commander In Chief, Leader of the Free World....143 days.
    We all have to start somewhere. The senate is a good start, but after 143 days, that's all it is - a start.
    God, I hope he studied! Only time will tell!
    He sold the masses a real bill of goods, now, he must produce.
    We are already being told how much we are giong to feel the pinch & and how much will be put on the back burner till later if he doesn't get the necessary funds from his croneys in congress. Is there any question, we'll just print more! I love my country, I fear my government!

Big Jack
  2. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Just out of curiosity, how much political experience did Dwight D. Eisenhower have before he was elected President? Somehow, I doubt that the experience of leading a military dictatorship could be considered proper training for running a democratic nation.

Carol Lister
  3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
    General Eisenhower had quite a bit of critical decision-making under his belt. BO does not.

4. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Dwight was an Army General, he had forgot more about politics the day he was elected than Hussan will ever know.

He is one of the main reasons we have a democratic nation. He is one of the reasons why some one like Hussan can become prsident.

If it were not for people like Dwight we would be eating sour crowt or praising a Japanese Emporer.

Dwight, during War Time, had to make more critical decisions in one day than Hussan will have to in 4 years.

Dwight was a proven United Staes Patriot that never shuned the American Flag, not a poster boy for feel good politics like Hussan is.
  5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Green Bay Wisconsin
    Eisenhower's main problem, seen through the eyes of someone who was in his late teens and early 20's at the time was the economy. Jobs were very hard to find, and I had to work seasonal for 4 years till I landed full time employment.

The big positive he left us was the Interstate Highway System.

Before that came about, every trip was throught the middle of every small town on the road, and the inevitable traffic lights and stop signs.

You put a lot of wear on your brakes taking US 41 to Florida.

And I think he had a lot more foreign policy experienc under his belt before becoming President.

Me, I would have rather had Colin Powell than this cheap hustler.

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Guess we could compare Eisenhower and Obama's miltary records while were at it.
  7. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I guess we could put it this way...

Obama had more foreign experience at 18 than did Ike when he was 18, seeing Obama was born in Kenya and all.
  8. crusha

crusha TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Can anybody imagine Barack Obama being an Allied Commander in WWII?

"Hello, my fellow German citizens of the world...I'm here on this landing craft today, because I've come to ORGANIZE your COMMUNITY!"

(Sound of MG-42...ratta...tatta...tatta...)

Just the thought of it will make you exhale your coffee out your nose!

Carol, it's a rough crowd here, and I should warn you, if you don't learn to choose your examples better...somebody just might attempt to call you an ignorant girl

Edited by a moderator. Play nice, Buzz.
  9. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2006
    near Tucson Trap
    My only problem with the whole thing is.......................

The guy hasn't even shown he can get off the porch and..................

The media is already crowing about how good he is at walking on water!!!!!!!

to the MEDIA!

Come back in another 143 days then you may have a clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Carol Lister,et al. Google "Operation Wet Back". Do you think the current administration has the real moxy to address this and other problems like "Ike" and his administration did? Time we realize what the Chamberlines of the world have already learned. Apeasement does not work, stimulis packages are not free and sitting on your mule typing on a computer key board is not exercise. Jake
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.