1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1306 straight in Trap shooting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Steve W, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

A friend showed me this article in his father's Gun magazine from 1973, has anyone read it before?

Then 26 year old Reg Jachimowski shot 1,306 straight over 10 days using his model 12.

There're another record of 1,467 straight targets over 3 months set by Hiram Bradley in 1967 but according to the article, he was "reading the trap" .

It's amazing.
    [​IMG]

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Reg Jachimoski is better known for being the first 27 yarder to break 100 straightin the Grand American handicap. We shot the same clubs in the Chicago area in the 70's. He had this model 12 with a blonde stock, and had a similar form as Hiram Bradley - a straight left leg with a forward lean the caused the right heel to raise off the ground. It was a popular style then, not so much now.

3. Mapper

Mapper Member

I was in the squad behind Jachimoski when he broke the100 from the 27. First ever in the Grand, as I recall.

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Does he shoot anymore? I remember him back then.

5. bigben

bigben Active Member

Dave shaeffer jr, 2009 2166 straight Leo Harrison and Foster Bartholemew, 200 in program, I believe they went on to shoot 900 straight in shootoff, they were declared co- champions of the clay target chmpionship!

6. Carl Chadwell

Carl Chadwell TS Member

Zardo,

Bonillas long run was exactly 1600 straight.

peace.

7. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

Last I heard Reg lives near Land O Lakes Wisconsin with his wife and does a little hunting.

8. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

The ATA should have vintage shoots or special classes like sporting clays does for pump guns and SXS they also shoot sub gage class. Lots of old stuff in the back of the safes that needs airing out. Bring some fun back into shooting lots of game shooters might like that also.

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

bigben,

That's Foster Bartholow. His brother Matt is equally as talented with doubles being his speciality. If you knew their dad Bud, you would know where they get their skills and intensity. We cant leave out their mother Char either as she holds it all together. Great family altogether.

[​IMG]

After breaking 200 straight in the Clay Target Championship at the 2008 Grand American Handicap, Foster Bartholow and Leo Harrison III set a new ATA shootoff record after four straight nights of smashing targets. At the conclusion of 36 rounds Bartholow and Harrison were declared co-champions with 900 straight shootoff targets, 275 more that the previous record.

10. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

Impressive is an understatement....

11. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Barfin, 3.

I thought Reg was also a "reader"?

12. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

He was at the Grand when I was there and I saw him shoot.

He had a nervous figiting on the line more than anyone I'd ever seen. He reminded me of a professional baseball pitcher who had a routine of moving his hat, shoulders ,etc. A helluva shooter, that's for sure.

Didn't the Grand American singles co-champions a couple of years ago, both break 200x200 and then another 1100x1100?

13. kbf

kbf TS Member

I wss on the squad with Reggie when he missed 1307. He always shot a practice round before the event and would shoot the 25th target from the hip expecting to miss it and not add additional pressure for the long run. That morning he did exactly that except he hit the 25th target.

Also, those target were 3 hole targets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.