1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

12S3 Wad In AA Or Nitro Hull Work Good Or Bad?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Timbob44, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timbob44

Timbob44 Member

Hey All, What are you thoughts on the 12S3 Wad in a AA or Nitro hull. How does it work as far as performance goes. Have a bag I need to load. Thanks, Tim

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I use them all the time. I use nothing but Fed wads in any hull, any load

3. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

You would really be better off loading them in a straight wall Federal hull and get the correct wad for the tapered hulls. I have seen slight bulges around the hull where the base of straight wall wads are inserted into STS/AA hulls and if you've tried to pull one out with needle nosed pliers you'll find they are inserted pretty darned tight. Yes, they probably work (mayber higher pressure??) but it's like putting leaded premium fuel in a 4-cylinder economy car...it'll run on it but why would you do that??

JMO,

Larry

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Ditto my good friend, LDAdd.....Bob Dodd

5. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I use the 12S3 in AA hulls, AA primer 16.5 gr Red Dot or 700X 1 oz shot. This works real well, I got this load from Tom Seitz over 20 years ago.

6. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

This thread is a lot like the mixing the powder thread. A lot of things we concern ourselves with in shotguning just doesn't make much difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.