1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

12GA shells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tomc66, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomc66

tomc66 Member

Anyone having problems getting 12 ga shells? I was at my local Wal-Mart today and they only had two cases (4 boxes /case) in 71/2 shot only. No Number 8 or 9 shot.
    Our club does a shell buy-in every 3 or 4 months for the members. We placed our last order in mid-January. Usually it takes two weeks to get the shells. They are now estimating it will be 6 weeks or more for this order to be shipped.

2. zaob1

zaob1 Member

Welcome to the wonderful world after Sandy Hook. Wally world and the rest got very nervouse and don't look for many to restock too much for now. Ours in my area, west central Florida, are the same. Our gun club is seeing the same.

Rick

3. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Check Recob's They had a bunch when I was there last week. Link above.

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Walmart in Elkton, MD had approx. 30 4 box packs on the shelves...no shortage there!!

Curt

5. jmunsell

jmunsell Banned User Banned

Here in Portland we are seeing a shortage everywhere. BI mart gets them in and if you aren't standing there when they come in your out of luck. Even trying to reload you can't find the components to make them. We need aa casings and can't find any.

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

No shortage of shot shells at my local Wal Mart either. All guages and Most brands on the shelves. They restock almost daily. Pretty good selection of metallic as well except for .22LR. Lots of .22 Mag. The Sporting Goods Manager told me he has everything ordered including AR 15 rifles of several makes. I don't think being nervous has anything to do with it. They just simply can't get everything they have ordered.

7. Cajun Blaster

Cajun Blaster Member

Walmart here in New Mexico is getting them. They had a shipment come in Thursday. They stll had some on the shelf today. I bought 2 acks today. I bought 3 4/packs Thursday and the guy behind me took the other 10 on the shelf. They must have had plenty in the back to still have some today. I imagine they will be sold out tomorrow until they get their next shipment.
    Davin

8. Straight50

Straight50 Member

Our local Walmart still has a few on the shelfs (6 packs) but has increased the price to 25.37 a pack. Has your Wally gone up on the price?

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I stopped by the local WalMart where if they don't have it you probably don't need it and they had full shelves in all flavors ... I asked if there was a limit being imposed and was told not that he knew of and that if I wanted to clean them out it would be fine with him ... I picked up 5-525 packs of .22LR's to use in the conversion kit I bought for my Glock 17 ... I would of bought some Nitro's but they were $7.97 per and I can buy them cheaper than that ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.