1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

12ga. reload informatiom

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mollygirl, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mollygirl

Mollygirl TS Member

Does anyone have a good load for 12ga. 1 1/8, #9 shot that will give a wide pattern
    at about 22 yards? I'm looking for a pattern about 4'.

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Apparently you shoot singles as well as I do. Lol.

I've shot some of Remington's STS 1 1/8 oz of 9's before and thought that they were ok. I couldn't see as where they were any more forgiving than any other shell.

ec90t

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

They have several types of spreader wads? Not sure if this will help you?

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

how did you make out on your recipe?

5. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

molly, perhaps I can save you some time. The two brush wads shown in mac's link above do not open patterns per se. They generally return the pattern percentages that you would expect from your choke restriction. A good load using a good plastic wad will generally throw a tighter pattern from the same choke.

The spreader inserts shown are a pain to load and slow things down a lot. There are other problems. If you want to try using a spreader wad yourself, try one with a center post. Then you can use it in your loader (with some care).

A cylinder choke (no restriction) will give you the pattern you are looking for if you use a factory spreader load, especially Italian, or you load with square, yes square, Italian shot.

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

ZZT thanks for a reply, I was wondering if they tried these wads? I have not the chance to try myself. I was thinking the same idea for the time I try to shoot doubles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.