1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

12ga 1100 laminated stock for daughter's gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by len loma, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. len loma

len loma TS Member

12ga 1100 laminated stock for daughter

My 13 yr old daughter Lauren shot really well this year. She is aggressive on targets and I have her shooting both eyes open with good mechanics. She shoots light 1 oz loads and a heavy 28" barrel gun. Last week of league she shot 44 with 22 at 16yd and a 22 from 25yd line. I promised her a pink stock for her 12ga 1100 Remington. I would like to stain stock pink. I think it will look pretty sharp with grain high lights. Who makes a laminated gun stock with matching forearm?

Thank you

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

3. Herb Roach

Herb Roach Member

While you are at it, why don't you go get yourself one? I was down at San Antonio a few years ago, and a couple of rich kids had Clear Plastic Stocks on their Kolars and Berettas. Not only were they clear, but they had naked ladies inside. I think that one of them had some moving parts. How in the hell could he concentrate?? I don't know, but he shot very well. Herb

4. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Wenig's has (or can dye) pink laminate stocks, and they would be delighted to make her one in their small-size twisted sister model ... an absolute good thing for kids, esp girl-children, I believe.

Bob

5. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

6. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Yep, that's the one, and the very best thing you can do for a young trapshooter, ever (other than teach her to reload, herownself).

7. len loma

len loma TS Member

Gentle men I thank you for your help. My daughter will be delighted at Chrismas time.
    Thank you,
    Len

8. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Len, I have to agree with all of the recommendations for the Wenig Ladies stock. I put one on a 391 for my girlfriend and it took the "bite" out of line and back up loads. I also added a jones stock adjuster to offset the pad a little more than what the stock does. However, she loves the old Jenkins pad with the points on the top and bottom, and toe out was really important with that pad and her physical build.

Her buttstock wasn't laminate, however a friend put the camo laminate buttstock and forearm on a Ruger Red Label stainless o/u. That gun would kick the snot out of guy with the light synthetic stock. Either the design of the Wenig or the weight of laminate took all of the kick out of that gun and it is now a pleasure to shoot.

Good luck, I think she would be very happy with the fit and appearance of the Wenig stock.

John E.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.