1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1250 Trap Loads & The 27 Yd. Line

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1oldtimer, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

When Winchester developed the AA Silver Bullet 1250 fps trap load, Handicap scores seemed to go up & more 27 yard shooters began to surface. Was this the key factor on todays high number of 27 yard handicap shooters? Does 50 FPS make any measurable difference? Whats your take? Clyde

2. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

There isn't many that average over 88 from the 27. Nobody takes their reductions. The remington green, silver bullet, and federal's hcp load all do a good job.

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

I believe the diffrence in speed will let you shoot the yardage same as singles. At least thats how it seems to me.

4. 3357

3357 Member

I have heard the story several times that winchester used very high antomoney content (hard) shot which requires more physical pellets to achieve a 1.125 oz payload.They also give you a full 1.125 oz of shot at "full" handicap velocity.
    The end result is a very effective handi-cap shell.

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Changing the target format to an easier angle had more effect than an extra 50 FPS did!

Hap

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Hap, Your right. I also think electronic voice release has made it easier for the better shooters. Yet Kemper is correct too.

7. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Maybe the extra recoil makes my eyes blink but it sure seems like the AA 1250's get there sooner and break the target harder. Although I do not turn in many HC (27yd) scores that will win an event (only one so far in 2012) I have more confidence in the faster shell. I feel that with that mind set I concentrate more and as a result break better scores with the Super HC's. Real or imagined? Not sure but I will be sticking with the 1250's. Marc

8. Hauser

Hauser Member

One of my squad mates shot 17 grains of 700x for years and racked up 6 100s from the 27 with that load. So much for hyper velocity loads.

Jerry Hauser

9. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Jerry,

I know and have shot with a guy that has over fifty ATA 100 straights from the 27. I did not care to ask what shell he shoots.

Even though it may all be between the ears, 1250's work for me. I never had a 100 straight from the 27 and regardless of load I expect I never will but I sure intend to keep trying.

As an aside: My Pro 3 seems to fit me to a "T". Recoil is not a problem. For me the AA SHC loads seem to kick less than some 1150's.

Marc

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Geez Jerry, how many does Harlan have with Nitro 27's!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

1250 fps trap load is how fast at 16 yard line

27 yard trap shell

how to overcome 27 yard trapshooting problems

trap shooting leads from the 27 yard line

winchester aa 1250

winchester aa 1250 trap loads

winchester aa trap load

winchester double aa 1250 fps