1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

120 Snows hit the ground

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by littleriver, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littleriver

littleriver TS Member

The geese are only about 50 miles south of us right now. One of my guide buddies and his clients took 120 yesterday and only 14 the day before. It is hit and miss. These are all the mature geese yet. The juve's are yet to hit the state. At least in any numbers yet. Be VERY CAREFUL WHEN READING THE MIGREATION REPORTS on some of these sites out there. They are not accurate. I read one yesterday that said we had in excess of 200,000 thousand in our area and I have literally seen a couple flocks so far. If you are coming make sure and keep in touch with your guides. The birds are just starting to hit the state. The main migration when you will see 1.5 million birds is probably at least a week or two away yet. Good luck hunting.

2. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Do people eat these geese?

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

no just goose hunters.

4. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

what state? Yes I eat them.

5. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

No bag limit in whatever state he's located in?

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

6. hairy

hairy TS Member

These guys are from the Stratford South Dakota area. Snow goose limits are 20 per day....no possesion limit.

7. admiral Art

admiral Art TS Member

Kill the last one, will ya?
    A big flock flem over the parking lot at work just after daybreak this AM. The "got" my car, and one of my investigators who was standing outside the car talking to me.

I was safe in the car! LOL
    But my car is a MESS.

8. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Go to the URL above and enjoy a video of snow geese at Middle Creek Wildlife Management Area, Lebanon/Lancaster Counties, Pennsylvania.

Click on "Snow Geese at Middle Creek", there is a man in camo with a camera, click there and enjoy. You can click on the picture of the man.

Frank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.