1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

12 guage shotgun tracers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tracer, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracer

Tracer Member

Anyone interested in tracer components for your 12 guage shotguns? They are designed for either new shooters as a quick learning aid or older shooters that wonder why they keep missing on the #5 station. They are designed for 1 or 1 1/8 loads at any velosity you want to shoot. They are packaged 100 to a bag. The trace distance is aprox. 50 yards making them safe to use on most ranges. Number to call is 503-999-4617. If you just have questions feel free to call also. Thanks, Del Miesner CEO Northwest Research and Development Inc.

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The problem is that they don't work for trap shooting! They fly in a different path most of the time and don't truly follow the shot string.

They are great fun at night during a game shoot to distract your buddies and provide some entertainment!

ec90t

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

how much $?

4. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

I had a buddy try them and said they didn't work for sh!t....

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

dont work

regard from Iowa

Gene

6. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

work great to start a fire 1/2 gal of gas in a milk jug and 20yds WOW rick

7. Tracer

Tracer Member

Guess you guy's haven't heard of the new short range tracers. Test was done by shooting them into bushes soaked with gasoline with no fire. True, old style tracers could and did start fires. As for not working for trap shooting, you have been misinformed as they are very accurate with the tracing element actually hitting the target. As a training aid for new shooters they work well. I would hate to think some of us are so good that we couldn't improve. There were old ones introduced in the United States back in the 1990's made in Bulgaria that didn't work well ie; wouldn't ignite. I just came from our trap club where the guy's enjoyed shooting several boxes with positive results. Would be happy to send you some samples to try. Del Miesner

8. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Available in Republican Red or Commie Green?

9. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Del,

I'll take samples anytime and report back with honest results. This is something I have been very interested in.

Email me and I'll give you contact info.

Danny

10. gcbluerock

gcbluerock Member

Del I sent you an e-mail which came back as not deliverable. Maybe you will send me an e-mail that will go thru

11. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

The listed email bounced....

Recipient address: nwreserach2003@yahoo.com
    Reason: SMTP transmission failure has occurred
    Diagnostic code: smtp;554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (nwreserach2003@yahoo.com) [0] - mta560.mail.mud.yahoo.com
    Remote system: dns;a.mx.mail.yahoo.com (TCP|206.46.252.46|57268|209.191.118.103|25) (mta560.mail.mud.yahoo.com ESMTP YSmtp service ready)

12. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Wonder if they leave a corrosive residue in your barrel.

13. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

Del...Getting a failure message when I try to e-mail you at the address given in your posting.Please e-mail me or feel free to send the offered samples to:
    Stanton Phillips
    433 N. Camden Dr.
    Beverly Hills, Calif. 90210 Thank You

14. mt

mt Member

similarly tried to send e-mail but it returned as undeliverable

15. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Del, same as the others. Undeliverable e-mail. I would like some samples and would be interested in purchasing a bag or two to use in training new shooters.

Thanks,
    Mike Hessong
    303 Oak Colony Drive
    Victoria, TX 77905-0614

16. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Attention trapshooters,

I just did what Eddiefromoverlook suggested and called Mr. Miesner, and he answered my call at the post office where he was in the process of sending off some of the requested sample from people who had asked for them. He said that 2 or 3 of the e-mails DID go thru to him, and he was at a loss to why others didn't. Mine was one of the ones that didn't as well. We talked a little about his tracer element and the wads they are mounted in. Interesting. I am looking forward to trying some of them and then probably purchasing a bag or 2 to reload a bunch of them for practice and helping new shooters with their leads.

Mike Hessong* (MH*)

President- Victoria Skeet and Trap Club

Victoria, Texas

17. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Why not post a web video of these things in action?

18. Tracer

Tracer Member

For macellan1911,
    Am in the process of doing a vidio now. Thanks for the idea. Del Miesner

19. Tracer

Tracer Member

For TIMB99,
    The formula will not leave any type of crrosive residue in the barrel. Ignition takes place within the wad and doesn't actually start burning much befor exiting the barrel. Del

20. R_T

R_T TS Member

I have exchanged several emails with Del regarding his product and thought I would point out that the email address he originally posted was misspelled. Instead of typing "research" in the original address, he typed "reserach". I noticed that the spelling of the address did not match the spelling of the company and corrected it in the emails I sent him. There was nothing suspicious about the failures.

Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
tracers for trap shooting

trapshootingtracers