1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

12 gauge bpi brushwads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dolphin62, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

HAS ANY ONE EVER TRIED THESE WADS. I SEEN SOME AT A LOCAL GUNSHOP AND THEY WERE CHEAP. I THOUGHT OF GIVING THEM A TRY, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE WORTH A TRY.

ALSO WHAT DO YOU USE FOR POWDER AND HOW MUCH THERE DOESN'T SEEM TO BE ANY INFO FOR RELOADING THIS WAD,

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT

JEFF

2. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Yes I have. No I didn't think they had a sizeable difference on opening up the pattern. Really all one has to do for similar effects is cut the petals on standard wads. Ballistic Products has the reloading info for them however.

If your wanting something to open your patterns up then try the toad stool design inserts. They work.

3. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

What is the intended use for these wads - open up the pattern for what distance?

I have used them before and they worked okay but believe you need to insert a mylar wrap - too much trouble for me.

Why not use your regular load and shoot the threads or use a cylinder choke?

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I have used several variations of the BPI brush wad. They work. They don't hurt anything. Patterns are nice and true to choke. The central core was somewhat less dense. I got my reloading info from BPI's reloading manual- Performance for Clays, 6th edition.

If I were of a mind to try this again (I'm not), I'd do as Pheasant Master suggests and cut the petals from my standard wad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

12 ga brushwad

bpi brush wad

reloading 12 ga with bpi light brush wads