1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

12 ga. Wad Identification

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Firemann59, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firemann59

Firemann59 TS Member

In going through my old reloading supplies I came across a bag of wads labeled Pacific Verelite. The printing on the bag is red and the label lists the red, blue, and green. The wads in the bag are white/opaque. I am questioning whether they are indeed Pacific Verelite red wads. There are no markings on the wads themselves (the blue wad has Pacific Verelite stamped on the bottom). I have included a photo showing comparisons with other known wads I have. Any help in identifying the wad is appreciated.

Gary

firemann59_2011_1202.jpg

2. ATT

ATT Member

That is the best in the world, no one makes them any better, and world famous Herters wad from the late 60's.

Allen

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Looks like the Herters wad to me. Herters did have some good stuff, & I used quite a few of their products, their catalog was a hoot to read because everything they sold was the absolute best & if you didn't use theirs you wouldn't do very well. Ross Puls

4. Bill Buffalo

Bill Buffalo Member

It is a Herters because I have a cardboard box full of them. Which I will sell for a very resonable amount (cheap).
    Billy

5. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Buffalo Bill--Sell them??????? Didn't you read the advertisement????? You'll never be able to hit anything if you don't use Herters wads..(chuckle) Ross Puls

6. WindyOneNW

WindyOneNW TS Member

when in doubt throw it out! Why take the chance?

7. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Looks like it would have the same capacity as an SP-12, maybe even an RP-12.

John

8. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Herters--I have and still shoot a lot of them. Made for 3-3/4dram and 1-/14 oz of shot. Good heavy wad, kicks about as hard as any of them.

Ajax

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.