1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

12 GA SHELL QUESTION

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Loyac, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loyac

Loyac Member

Anyone know what the small round crimp (on the base of the shell) is for? John

2. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

John, it's probably to help keep the brass head from coming off. It might also prevent the inside base wad from shifting forward. ....Rick

3. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

It's from the Firing Pin in a polish Shotgun ( the brand name of the Shotgun is a PEROGIE-OU

4. TC

TC TS Member

Rick is correct, it is part of the manufacturing process to secure the shell tube and base wad to the metal rim.

John, what brand are those? Tony

5. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

drhuner, I'd like to meet you face to face sometime. I'll be at the Grand wearing a hat that says USS Galveston CLG3.

6. Loyac

Loyac Member

Tony... FIOCCHI - TEXAS WHITE WING DOVE LOADS, 1 1/8 oz of 7.5's @ 1280fps. I've shot just about every load (target & field) that FIOCCHI makes and have never come across something similar to this. John

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

drhuner,

That's funny!:>)

ec90t

8. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Yes 90t I thought it was funny also. Mike Michalski's post above seems to say that he don't think it is funny, I am a polock also but I have a good sense of humor, and I really dont think that He wants to meet me at the Grand,( He gave me a discription of His Hat ) so I guess I better give Him My description I am a Blond Pollock 6" 4' Tall 275 lbs and I will have a Hat on that says " NO FEAR " and i probaly be picking my ONE Tooth with a 20 Penny Nail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.