1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

12 ga Remington rxp hull

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Firekiller, Mar 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firekiller

Firekiller TS Member

I posted a thread about 12 guage rxp hulls and was given a replie that they are the same as a sts hull. Are they the same as a premier hull because I read somewhere that they were but if give different recipes for the 2. Does anyone have a good recipe for the 12 ga rxp hull and are they the same as a premier hull.

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Remington RXP, Premier, STS, Nitro, Gun Clubs, Sport Loads, etc, are pretty much the same dimensions in 12 ga. Some have steel heads and some are brass. The grade and materials change, but the dimensions have stayed pretty much constant for about 35+ years. STS Data can be used if the hulls are in decent shape. The exception to the rule are the newer, super cheap UMC shells made by a certain foreign based company. As for a pet load, it depends on what you are looking to do. Handicap, 16s, doubles, 1 oz or 1 1/8 oz.

Just look through the data until you find a load for the EXACT components you are using. Try to select a load that puts the pressures around 8000-9500 PSI, just for a margin of safety. Any loads listed as "LUPS" are not the same as PSI. I usually don't use any LUPS data, unless it's lower than the PSI numbers I gave you. 10,000 LUPS could be a pretty hot load. You have no way of knowing, unless you find the same load with PSI information, or you send some out for pressure testing. DO NOT SUBSTITUTE ANY COMPONENTS UNLESS YOU HAVE DATA TO SUPPORT IT. A change in primers alone, could increase the pressures more than a few thousand PSI. You have no way of knowing what effect such changes will have. Be sure to weigh the powder drops to be sure of what you are loading. Use a good scale and use it often.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
are remington sts hulls the same as rxp hulls
are rxp hulls the same as sts hulls
can remington premier sts hulls and rxp remington hulls use same reload data

remington rxp 12 hulls

rxp hull identification