1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

12 Ga laser targeting system

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cynergystan, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

Has anyone used a laser targeting system ? Are they any good? Is there any real quality or other difference between brands? Are they worth the money? If I sound confused, it is because I am. I'm here because I'm not all there;just ask my wife. Would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks. Stan Phillips

2. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

Not a single reply? I feel like a leper.

3. C H S

C H S TS Member

I shoot block shoots over the winter when trap slows down. I shoot an extensively modified Mossberg 500 with a laser aiming system mounted on the magazine tube (it's not a targeting system...it doesn't aim itself and the shot doesn't home in on a laser designator painted on the target). For block shoots it's absolutely deadly. I tried it for trap one night about a month ago with much more open choke. You can't see the beam at night except on the bird and those are orange but my scores where pretty darn good considering. The only thing I can figure is that I was watching the target harder than I usually do trying to find the dot on the bird.

I'm gonna try it again on a foggy night in the spring when the beam will be visible and see what happens then.

Andy

4. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

Thanks Andy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.