1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

12/7/41, 11/22/63, 9/11/01

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Aug 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    I read an article that stated that most people rememember exactly what they were doing when they heard the news on these dates. What do you remember?
    Steve Balistreri

2. senior smoke

12/7/41- I was not born yet, but my mother told me she was attending a movie in Milwaukee when the manager of the theatre stoped the movie and announced that Pearl harbor was attacked and that this meant that we were now at war. She said everyone walked out of the theatre and went home.

11/22/63- I was in Mrs. Boho's class, as the radio reports were piped into the room. I remember my teacher placing her face into her hands and crying. Soon afterwards they announced that the president died, and a nun walked in, and said to go home as school was ending early.

9/11/01- I was in a call center at the bank and remember very few calls being received. One of my co-workers said he heard on the radio that a plane crashed into the world trade center. We all thought it was pilot error until the 2nd plane hit.
    Steve Balistreri

3. pppp1

pppp1 TS Member

4. senior smoke

pppp1:
    Now that's a great piece of history to have.
    Steve

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I can certainly remember 63 and 2001. Too, I got to my office after the first plane hit and a neighbor lady told me of the first plane strike. I left shortly and went home to watch the news and saw in real time the second plane hit. My wife and I stood in awe. 63, I was in a restaurant on the south side of Chicago having lunch.

6. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

1941 Not born

1963 8th Grade English class, teacher also cried when she told the class

2001 In My gun shop working, had only been open 5 weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.