1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

12/7/41,11/22/63, 9/11/01

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Aug 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    I read an article that these are three dates that most people who were a live during this time know exactly what they were doing when they heard that Pearl harbor was attacked, when President Kennedy assassinated, and the day the planes brought down the twin towers. Please tell us what you were doing when you first found out when these events occured on those days?

12/7/41- I was not born, but my mother told me that she was attending a movie with her brothers and sisters that day, as the manager stoped the movie, and said that Pearl harbor was attacked, as everyone then left the theatre. She remembers people saying as she walked out that we were now at war.

11/22/63- I was sitting in my grade school's classroom. It was a rainy here in MIlwaukee. Suddenly, the loud speaker turned on inside the classroom and the radio was piped in as the announcer stated that the President was shot in Dallas and was taken to the hospital.

We were than all instructed by my teacher Mrs Boho to say a prayer for the president. Shortly after, it was announced that he died, as we all saw our teacher put her face into her hands as she cried. Shortly after a nun walked into our classroom, and instructed us to all go home, as school was ending early.

9/11/01- I was in a call center at my bank and the calls which normally were one after another abruptly stoped. My boss thought there was something wrong with the phone system. Then a fellow employee walked in to the room, and said that he heard on the radio that a plane flew into one of the twin towers in NY city. He at first said, that it was an accident. We normally would receive 1,000 calls per day, as that day we received only 31.
    Steve Balistreri

2. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

12/7/41 I was 15 months old.
    11/22/63 I was home on leave from Camp Lejeune, N.C. driving down the road about 2 miles from home.
    9/11/01 I was sound asleep as I was working nights at the time. But I have'nt forgotten, nor will I ever forget. Woody Sullivan