1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1187 TRAP

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by soup, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soup

soup Member

FOLKS

I have an 1187 - 30" fixed full -factory back bored-step rib .
    I had the trigger "smoothed out " -added a JACK WEST stock with an adjustable comb .
    I was wondering if anyone else has set up their 1100 / 1187 for handicap & doubles & what you've done to yours . Has anyone added a rib ?

Thank you in advance for your time & help. If you have any pics I would appreciate it .

BILL

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I did that (but I have done everything to buy a bird). And once I got it set up the POI and my mind no longer agreed. Down the road she went.

I have a plethora of trap guns and certainly shoot my 1100 step rib gun the best. That is when I can set the trigger. I set the trigger on a break-open gun when it is just that. Broke open. I have a pic of that gun. Come on back an I'll put one up for you to see.

Guess what... I found a pic of the bbl with the add on delrin strip. My goal wa to bring a field rib bbl up to Step rib height and proportions. They tried hard, but in the end it was wasted money. Here is that bbl

[​IMG]

And here is my fave gun that I cannot set the trigger on

[​IMG]

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I have an 1100 Tournament Trap I bought new in the late 1970s or early 1980s but never shot much. About two years ago, I decided to get it set up so I could use it for my main trap gun when my arthritis worsened to where I couldn't handle the next-day pain in my joints from the recoil of a break-open gun.

Mine has the factory stock's comb and recoil pad mount made adjustable, a Hastings high-rib trap barrel, a Timney release trigger assembly, a weighted magazine tube cap and (of course) a shell catcher. It is a really fun-to-shoot gun!

Ed

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Ed is on target. Get your's set up lik his.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.