1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1187 ? for Steve Loban or Gene Batchelar

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by John J, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John J

John J TS Member

These guys have posted very informative threads regarding repair,care and maintenance of 1100's and 1187's in the past, but this is also for anyone who might know the reason for a problem I am experiencing with a 1187. When you try to pull the bolt back to unload a shell or to remove a snapcap, it will only come back about one inch when the rim of the shell/cap hangs up in the barrel extension recess that the locking block lug fits into when the bolt is forward. I have replaced the forend support but that didn't fix it. I have 4 other of these guns and have never had this problem with any of them and the one with the problem has had less than 2000 rounds through it. I started having the problem with it last duck season.

Any help would be appreciated. John

2. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Check the barrel extension carefully for any cracks, or "tall" burrs. Also, check your locking block for cracks. (I had one break off this weekend - it was over 25 years old)

After eliminating those conditions, then swap the barrel with one from another of your 1100s and see if the problem continues. If it does, then I would recommend bringing to a Remington authorized warranty gunsmith.

I have personally never experienced the problem you describe before. Please let me know how this turns out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.