1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

113th Maryland State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gdbabin, Jun 24, 2013.

1. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Lovely weather, great venue and a really hard working team of loyal and dedicated Maryland State Sportsman's Association Officers past, present and future--The 113th Maryland State Shoot was a great success.

The home grounds were enhanced this past year to include over 30 new 50A RV sites with water and centralized dump station. The construction of new showers and patio area, the installation of two large AC units in the events building, and a myriad of smaller yet significant tweaks to the infrastructure and ground's aesthetics were clearly evident of the hard work that's transpired over the past year.

The generosity of many who donated their personal funds, and the tireless and dedicated effort of Dave Feaga especially have moved the transition to the Thurmont home grounds from a fledgling start just a couple of years ago to the reality of today. The MSSA is truly home to stay and the grounds will continue to evolve and thrive as a backdrop for building new memories and stories for future summer evenings under the stars after a long day of shooting and working.

Below are just a couple of shots I took of the grounds and pictures of score sheets through the Singles Championship. I didn't get the Handicap or Doubles Championships, and apologize for the shoddy quality of the shots and incomplete reporting.

Thanks to everyone for a great shoot.

Guy B.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

Thanks for the pics Guy, it was a very good shoot. The people involved are to be commended,the grounds are showing continuous improvement and it is becoming a very enjoyable place to shoot, looking forward to next year.

John Rau

3. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

Guy,

Does MSSA provide 100 straight pins? If so, who would you talk to?

Thanks,
    K-EIGHTY

4. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

K Eight Zero,

Not that I'm aware of...

You could always contact JoAnn Hughes, she'd know for sure. Contact info at MSSA link above.

Guy

5. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

Thanks Guy.

6. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Thanks for the photos and all you and the rest of our friends have contributed to making the MD home grounds a first class shooting venue. Menchey did a bang up job on the 'lectric & the camp sites look terrific. I enjoyed shooting doubles with you on Sunday morning, and wish I had stayed to watch Ron's shoot-off.

PS: shot singles with Tom Burkey & Jim & Jamie Palmasano, and was happy to see Jim doing so well.It was encouraging to see an ATA representative on the grounds, and the really outstanding trophies Carla picked out.

best....mike

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

K-80, the MSSA used to hand out attendance pins. I have most of them from 1989 until the shoots moved to Millington.

I drove through the grounds en route back to Mechanicsburg from Virginia during the first day and noticed several improvements over what I saw last year. I always liked shooting at Thurmont and if I ever return to registered shooting or just feel like it, I will be back.

Now for the big question - are the pit beef sandwiches still as good as they were at the old clubhouse?

Ed

8. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

The pit beef is to die for, Ed. Perhaps we can find a pin for you. Jean said they were the first item on the agenda, and are, like everything else about Thurmont, very nice.

best....mike