1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 Trigger spring on ebay anyone use it?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shooter66, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shooter66

shooter66 TS Member

I found this spring kit while geeking around last night...

http://erniethegunsmith.com/catalog/i38.html

Does anyone have any first hand expierance with it or the seller? I really dont have any issues with the factory trigger but figured for 6.95 it may be worth a try.

Scott

2. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

Back when Al Timmney was doing triggers for 870s and 1100s, he would supply three springs with them to set the pull at different weights. I'm sure the same springs are avaliable from gunpart suppliers such as Brownell's.

3. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

I TRIED ONE BUT WAS TOO LIGHT FOR MY TASTE. AFTER I PUT SOME 7 1/2 SHOT INTO THE FRONT WALL OF THE BUNKER! I NOW JUST CLIP OFF A RING OR 2 FROM THE STOCK SPRING TILL I GET THE PULL I LIKE.

4. Model32Shooter

Model32Shooter Member

Just bought two from him through eBay. Fast shipping. Springs look very nice and very easy to install.

I have two newish 1100's (28 & .410) that were VERY difficult to shoot at skeet. I've shot skeet for over 30 years and I was quite perplexed. (I knew it wasn't me because I could pick up my Model 32 and shoot very well!!) These two guns were going to be sold as I shot them so poorly. A club member noticed my "timing" was all off and suggested that I should look into the trigger pull weights as the newer 1100's tended to be quite heavy.

Good ole' Santa brings me a Lyman Electronic Digital Trigger Pull Gauge just in time:

Factory spring in .410 - 5lbs 5 oz. avg.

Ernies replacement spring - 4lbs. 4 ozs. avg.

Ernies spring with 1/2 coil cut off - 3lbs 3 ozs. avg.

I also bought a "Patriot" brand spring from him and installed it in the 28 ga. Trigger pull went from 5lbs 3ozs. avg. to 3 lbs. 3ozs. avg. with no spring mods.

Exactly what I wanted! Trigger pulls are now very smooth and I'm back to crushing targets.

Money well spent for either brand spring, in my opinion.

You can also trim coils off the factory spring as long as you don't make it too short.

This is just my experience and I am in no way connected to the seller of these springs.

I'm happy.

Bob

5. shooter66

shooter66 TS Member

Thanks for the replies I orderd one last night. I cant really go wrong for $9.00 delivered. If I dont like it I can always pull it.

Scott

6. shooter66

shooter66 TS Member

Model32 ....I installed the spring tonight and got about the same results...lost 1.1-1.3 lbs. on avg. over the pulls. Im going to try it like that for now.

I may order one for my hunting gun as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

erniethegunsmith 1100 trigger spring review