1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 Trigger Assy Bushings

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dexterkid, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dexterkid

dexterkid TS Member

The two pins that hold the trigger assembly in the receiver goes through bushings which are part of the trigger assembly. These bushings are what I need. However I would like these bushings to be longer than factory bushings. I would like them to be closer to the inside width of the receiver, which is approximately 0.900".
    I need these so that I can install a saddle scope mount (yes, for a Holosight) and be able to tighten the mount without deforming the receiver. Right now when I tighten the Mount's screws the receiver moves inward, causing the action to malfunction.
    I do not think that the space allows me to insert shims.
    So, my question is "Has longer bushing been made by anybody that you gentlemen are aware?"
    Thank you,
    Jack

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

The bushings would probably have to be custom made. That is not too difficult if you can find a machine shot that will do small jobs. Many of them are too busy to take such work. And, the bushings still might not provide adequate support to the receiver and the bushings might bind. I would be thinking along the lines of attaching the Holosight in another manner. Putting a few screw holes in a receiver is often simple. Even a good epoxy might work but cleaning it off if you did not like the sight can be a problem.

If the mounting system is bending the receiver, I suggest changing the mounting system, not the receiver.

Pat Ireland

3. dexterkid

dexterkid TS Member

Pat,
    Thank you for your input. Do you think that screwing a mount to the top of the receiver would permanently blemish the gun, lowering it's resale value?

Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.