1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 trap will it still work

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dagnarble, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dagnarble

dagnarble TS Member

Have an older 1100 trap and the stud is missing for the interceptor latch.I think I can still shoot singles & handicap with it like this, but no doubles. Am I right on this or is it out of commission until I get a stud and latch put in??? Thanks

2. 1100shooter

1100shooter TS Member

Yes it will work, only as a single shot.

3. overbored

overbored Member

Yes it will still work. You can even shoot double's. The interceptor latch is the 3rd. shell cutoff.(2nd. shell in mag tube.) Your gun will jam if you put two in the tube.
    Hope this helps

4. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Put one in the chamber and one in the tube and try it. That is the way to answer which one of the above is right.

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Overbored is right. HMB

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The interceptor latch is not needed with one shell in the magazine. As long as you put one in the pipe, and one in the mag, you will be fine. Putting two in the mag will give you a double feed. You will only do this once.

To help with the learning curve, get a universal magazine plug from Brownell's, and trim it so your magazine will hold one round. PROBLEM SOLVED!

When I hunt with an auto shotgun, this is what I do, I have shot O/U's since Moses was a pup.

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Coach you and I are older than moses

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.