1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 Trap vs 1100 Sporting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Deanoo, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deanoo

Deanoo TS Member

whats the differance between the Remington 1100 Trap Model and Sporting,or Field -I know the stocks are differant...if a guy got an 1100 field or Sporting model with a VR and added a trap stock would it be the same gun as Trap model ??

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The sporting model has a 28 inch rib barrel, the trap model is 30." The new 1100 Competition Model has a completely different 30" barrel, with a sporting clays stock.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The only difference between the 1100 Trap and an 1100 Sporting 12 is the barrel, stocks (the forend may be checkered differently) and the model designation on the receiver (Trap vs Sporting).<br>
    <br>
    Ditto for a field 1100, at least for the blued models. A magnum 1100 will work OK with a trap barrel. (In my opinion, it makes for an even softer shooting gun because of the heavier action sleeve.)<br>
    <br>
    The 1100 Competition model will accept a trap barrel and a trap stock. But the gun itself has diffrences like an overbored (not backbored) barrel, larger diameter choke tubes ("Pro-Bore" not Rem Choke), special coated action parts, and a sporting clays buttstock.<br>
    <br>
    This also works for the 1187 Premier models (now discontinued but they are still available from some distributors or used). Add an 1187 trap barrel, 1187 trap or standard barrel forend, and an 1187 or 1100 trap buttstock and you're good to go. That's what I did.

4. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

I believe the ejector on the Competition may be slightly wider than other 1100 models. Meaning the notch in the barrel may have to be modified to make other barrels fit. cls

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Late model 1100's use the 1187 bolt, which has a wider ejector. And yes, you can simply widen the extractor notch a bit on both sides on an older barrel to get it to fit. Simple job with a file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

1100 trap vs 1100 sport

1100 trap vs 725 sporting

ejector mechanism remington model 1100 trap

remington 110 sporting vs field

remington 1100 classic trap vs sporting

remington 1100 sporting versus 1100 trap

remington 1100 vs 1100 trap

sporting clays extractor vs ejector