1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 trap or 1100 competition?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tv-todd, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tv-todd

tv-todd Member

I am thinking of the 1100 for trapshooting. what do you guys think,old 1100 trap,new classic trap,or the new 1100 competition? is one better than the other and why? Thanks in advance, Todd.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The main plus of the 1100 Competition is the factory overbored barrel. But the buttstock is NOT a trap stock. If you want to use it for trap you may wind up having to buy a trap stock. The 1100 Competition is more along the lines of a Sporting Clays gun.

3. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

No remchokes w/competition ??

4. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

I would suggest aused Remington 11 11-87 trap gun that comes standard with a 30 inch trap barrel that is backbored and a trap stock. You can pick up one in great shape for around $600.00. I have two of these and love them. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. JM

5. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

If you decide on an 1100 I have a nice one with fixed full choke step rib barrel and monte carlo stock for sale at a good price You can pm or email me. Thanks, Mike.

6. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I have a very nice older Remington 1100 Trap for sale. See the Website URL link above.

Jim Skeel

7. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

BUY THE COMPETITION W/ADJUSTABLE COMB AND SHOOT TRAP AND SPORTING CLAYS WITH THE SAME GUN.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    SirMissalott, quote: <i>"No remchokes w/competition ??"</i>

The Competition model uses Pro-Bore chokes, not Rem-Chokes. They're larger in diameter because the bore is oversize.

And unlike the factory backbored trap barrels, which step down before the muzzle so they can use (remarked) Rem-Chokes, the Pro-Bore does not step down.

It's strange that Remington has not released the Pro-Bore model in an actual trap configuration.

Chance McCall thanked this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.