1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 tourrnament trap question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

What is the special "trap stock" described on this model. I know that they where built between 79 and 86. Is there some sort of special marking to identify Tournament trap gun

2. almost unemployed

almost unemployed TS Member

Don't know about the wood, but it says TRAP-T on the receiver.

3. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

The wood on TRAP-Ts had machine cut checkering whereas TRAP "TB" (marked TRAP) not "TRAP-T" had the waffle iron press pattern in the wood.

The giveaway clue is the forend. There is a large, diamond shaped "border" on the forend in the middle of the checkering.

Other than that the only minor change was the bolt buffer disc, which in the TRAP-T model was the black plastic disc used in the 1100 3" magnum model.

I have found the black ones do last a little longer than the white ones, but in all honesty either one can last over 20 years if you change the action spring every ten thousand rounds.

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Thank you, looking at one today gor 525.00. Stock has been cut down. I think its a tad high. If condition is good I may buy. Also want a 9000 loader avalible locally????

5. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

beware of the T-guns.

Many of them look good on the outside. Get to take it apart first and look at the INSIDE.

Many 1100 Trap-Ts had the piss shot out of them and still looked good because the owners wiped down the outsides well.

Check the magazine tube for bluing wear and loose sloppy ring fit.

Check the barrel extension for bluing wear, hairline cracks, and obvious peening from the locking block.

Check the receiver rails (undersides with trigger out) NOT USING YOUR FINGERS
    for excessive wear, thin jaggedness and uneven appearances. If these conditions exist, you will be buying a $500 nightmare that will eat links and rings for lunch. The cut down stock is a giveaway, too. It means a previous owner shot the gun for a while, traded up to a hinge gun and cut the stock down for a wife or child starting shooter.

A lot of the "T" guns have upwards of a 100,000 rds through them or more. They were the least produced model of all 1100s and the most seriously shot.

My trick is buying up old, 1100 field guns at bargain prices that have almost new interiors with almost no wear for $350 and bolting on my trap stock and barrel and voila - instant trap gun.

6. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

That is why "New In Box" or almost new Trap-Ts are getting such a premium these days. The $500 used ones, you need to check them closely.

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

My dad taught me well about checking used guns, He applied this saying to anything your looking at to buy. Putty and paint, look what it aint. If some one will not tear down for inspection Im not interested.

8. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

If anyone is looking for an 1100 T-Trap I have one with less than 300 rounds through it. The gun is perfect in every way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.