1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 "Tournament" barrel

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Doorknee, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doorknee

Doorknee TS Member

Can anyone tell me what is unique about a 1100 tournament trap barrel.
    Rib--? Choke--? Approx. price used--?
    Thanks in advance Don D.

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

To my knowledge, they came with the preferred step-rib fixed choke barrel in full constriction - mine measures .040". I don't think that barrel was unique to the TT version.

As you can see, there is a strong demand for them. I replaced my original barrel with a Hastings high-rib trap barrel and have the Remington barrel in a case so it can't get damaged in any way.

Ed

3. Doorknee

Doorknee TS Member

I have a 1100 Magnum and a friend offered to sell me a 1100 Tourament barrel so I can use it for trap. The magnum barrel will not cycle trap loads.
    He says it (tour. barrel) has a very long choke that tapers about half the barrel lenght and shoots a very tight pattern. Can anyone verify this.
    I would like to know what a reasonable price would be for a used one?

Don D.

4. rrose

rrose TS Member

The nice thing about barrels that do not eject target loads is that you do not need a shell catcher with those and you do not have to worry about the shooter on the right, just pull bolt handle and get the shell.
    Seems like a good idea to me.

5. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

Don't mean to step on any toes but since there is some interest here I have an 1100 TT that is almost mint for sale. Step rib fixed full choke monte carlo with nice wood. $600.00 plus $20.00 shipping. You can email me with any questions. Mike Pracht.

Deal has been made on gun. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.