1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 Thumbhole stock

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by eseewed, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eseewed

eseewed TS Member

Has anyone shot an 1100 with a thumbhole stock? Pros and/or cons about it. Does anyone know of where to get a thumbhole stock for an 1100 other than Boyd's their production run isn;t scheduled for a few more months? Thanks

2. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

There was a set in E-Bay recently.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I've tried the factory 1187 thumbhole synthetic stocks, and a Wenig.<br>
    <br>
    I do not like the factory thumbhole whatsoever. I'd rather have a synthetic monte carlo. The hole was too small, and it felt uncomfortable.<br.
    <br>
    The Wenig was better. And this Wenig had its hole enlargened for a big hand. That's one big advantage of a wood thumbhole stock - you can remove more material (up to a point).<br>
    <br>
    If you can, try one out first, because the grip angle makes the stock feel quite a bit different. And I'm not sure I'd care to have a thumbhole stock for sporting clays. I felt to me like it allowed less movement (good for trap, but made the gun 'too stiff' for sporting clays).

4. eagleonePA

eagleonePA TS Member

Wenig makes the nicest thumbhole stock that I've seen.
    Good Luck and God Bless, Bill Ivins

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.