1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 throwing shells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by LukeG, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeG

LukeG Member

I've got an 1100 that is throwing spent shells pretty far to the right. I thought the small raised bead was supposed to prevent this?

Any advice on how to fix this without using a shell catcher?

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Have a gunsmith make the small bead bigger.

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

The deflector might need some modification for the shells you are using. It could also be worn out or have been modified incorrectly before.

4. LukeG

LukeG Member

It is a brand new 30" barrel and the same model as used on the classic trap guns. The shells I am using are steel shot target loads because the range I shoot at is steel shot only.

Do you think the shells could have something to do with it? I figured all 2.75" shells would react the same to being ejected with the bead where it is placed.

I'm going to give Remington a shout in the morning and see if they will modify the barrel for me or let me know if it is defective for some reason. If I have to send it back at least I will get a chance to have them enlarge the gas ports as well since the gun isn't cycling properly with the shells either.

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

ALL shells deflect differently and I could imagine that steel shot shells, being a higher velocity may require a slight build up of the deflector nub.

6. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

All the raised bead does is deflect the shells downward instead of straight out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 1100 throwing shells