1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 Steel Release Triggers/A Question??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hoosier Daddy, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I have an all steel release trigger that has a working safety in the proper place. I believe it to be a Timney but can find no Timney stamp. Did anyone besides Timney make an all steel release trigger for the 1100 Remington.

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Not that I am aware of. He made triggers with or without a safety depending on what a customer wanted. Not to many gus want a relase with a safety but looks like you may have found one. A picture would tell us for sure.Jeff

3. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Here are some pics. It is the fastest 1100 trigger I have ever tried!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

I have a couple steel timney releases without safetys and the release parts look very different from yours.

Jim

5. Zardozforty

Zardozforty Member

Hoosier, if it isn't too much trouble, show us a picture of the trigger cocked!

Your hammer looks different to me too!

6. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Hers is the right and left side with the hammer cocked.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Zardozforty

Zardozforty Member

Boy! Unlike anything I've seen, but I got a friend, or two, who are pretty expert on Timney triggers.

One's in Evergreen at the PITA Grand. I'll see if I can connect with the other one later this week!

I'm sure someone will be along later today to identify!

8. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Thanks Zardoz, I appreciate it.

9. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Hastings made a steel trigger for the 1100 also but you don't see as many as the Timneys. Brownell's carried them years ago.

10. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Here is another Timney release on gunbroker, same release design:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=242761855

The trigger hoosier is referring to is the one I sold him. I have seen a few of that design, but not many. My best guess is that this is an early design before he went to the more traditional hook design. The hammer would have been remingtons original design, before they went to a hollowed out hammer, and outside of the speedlock hammer, I believe Timney used std remington parts (and I believe most of the guts of a Timney are remington factory parts as well, as it would be easier and cheaper to use remington parts than to have ones custom fabricated for him).

As a side note, not all of timney's work is stamped. I've never seen a stamp on a pull trigger housing, and have seen a few releases with no stamp marks (mine and the one on GB included).

11. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

ExFedex- I've been told that the Hastings triggers were made by Timney for Hastings. I've never actually seen a hastings for sale (or at least one advertised as a hastings, maybe those that have them just sell them as timney since they'd be identical if the hastings one was just a rebrand).

12. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Skeet man, I am happy with the trigger. I had just never seen a Timney that wasn't stamped. I haven't figured out the little quirk it has yet but I am adept at reaching over and pulling back the bolt if necessary. Thanks for the trigger.

13. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

I had a timmey model 12 release that was not marked. I know I bought it from him probably around 1988

14. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

It is called a split sear relase. He didn't make many of them but the guys who know what they are will not part with them. Yours is the early design. I have one of the later style that doesn't have the thing on the side.
    Daro Handy explained all this to me when I showed him my Timmney relase that has no hook over the top. Jeff

15. sts1100

sts1100 Member

Hoosier,

I have 3 or 4 Timmney pull triggers and none are stamped.

16. Heavyopp

Heavyopp TS Member

Why does that trigger have the remington "pump release" on the front left side of the trigger gaurd? My 1100 doesn't have that but my 870 sure does.

Just curious

Jer

17. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

The pump release is to release the hook and keep the gun from firing if you get a broken bird and want to remount or just not shoot after you have set the trigger. That function does not work on this trigger yet but it is not a problem. All you have to do is pull the bolt open part way and release the trigger. The gun will not fire if you do that.

18. Heavyopp

Heavyopp TS Member

I guess you would have to hit it with your opposite hand. I imagine it's kinda hard to get to with a finger holding the trigger.

Thanks for the info, Jer

19. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

No, it is very easy.

20. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Here is a few pics of mine. This is the only Timmney I have ever seen that can be tuned to make it as fast as I like. This sucker is FAST!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.